Ramadan can be a scary time for many Christians. In the media, there are often stories of violence on the one hand. And, on the other, stories of religious dedication. But these fall short of the mark.
As our guest Don Perry points out, Ramadan is a time when many Muslims are seeking Allah. They're seeking for a sense of closeness. And that also makes it a time of opportunity for God to move.
As we talked, Don shared how increased Christian prayer in recent decades has led to breakthroughs in many parts of the world. How prayer has been instrumental in some Muslims seeing visions that opened them up to the Gospel. And how many of the movements from Islam to Christianity that Dr. David Garrison talked about can be traced to prayer.
And that's not where it stops. It's also a time for Christians to both live the love of Christ and to share the Gospel.
[wc_divider style=”dotted” line=”single” margin_top=”1″ margin_bottom=””]
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-third” position=”first”]
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”two-thirds” position=”last”]
Engaging Missions Show
A podcast for people who care about missions.
TO SUBSCRIBE: Search for “Engaging Missions” in iTunes or use one of the links below.
[wc_divider style=”dotted” line=”single” margin_top=”0″ margin_bottom=”1″]
Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. (Psalm 2:8)
During our time together, we talked about:
- How God has refined Don's character
- How to overcome a specific temptation that comes when God uses us
- Who God uses to keep Don on track when things get out of balance
- How Ramadan is similar to an accepted Christian practice
- What to expect if we engage in ministering to Muslims
- One thing to remember when reaching out to a Muslim
- Crucial things to pray for during Ramadan
- How obedience to the teachings of Christ brought peace
- Some of the things that happen during Ramadan because of prayer
- Why we should pray for entire families to come to Christ
- The one situation where Don considers delaying baptism
- How to have a remarkable conversation
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)
Resources:Download the Handout
- The Reference Quran
- From hello to a conversation about the Gospel
- 30-days.net – daily email for focus and prayer ideas during Ramadan
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Don's email address
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-fourth” position=”first”]
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”three-fourths” position=”last”]
If you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes or send an email to email@example.com.
[wc_box color=”secondary” text_align=”left”]
As a listener of Engaging Missions, Audible.com will give you a free audio book when you sign up for a 30-day free trial to check out their service. With over 150,000 titles to choose from, you’re sure to find one you like.
Personally, I recommend the Bible. Just about any translation. You can't go wrong to have God's word available when you're driving to work, out for a walk, or working out. It's what I did when I joined Audible over 7 years ago.
Claim your free book[/wc_box]
[wc_box color=”info” text_align=”center”]
Help support the Engaging Missions Show[/wc_box]
Engaging Missions Show - Powerful Stories from Christian Missionaries, Church Planters, and Ministry Leaders
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”