This week we’re spending some time talking with Garland Sam. Garland is the pastor of a church called Discover in the business district of Pietermaritzburg, South Africa and is the regional director of Scripture Union that spans from Pietermaritzburg to the region of KwaZulu-Natal
In this week’s interview, you’ll discover:
- What took Garland from the career he thought he wanted to full-time ministry, and how it involved some people from the United States.
- How, even as a young man, the quote, “If not me, who? And, if not now, when?” shaped his life and applied to the scripture that is the foundation for his ministry.
- How God provided for his financial needs in a surprising way.
- What Garland and his wife did NOT do when they were having financial challenges, and what they did instead.
- What led to Scripture Union’s “Holiday Clubs” (and what they are).
- What young people really need.
- Two things that are really exciting about the ministry at Scripture Union.
- One thing that could shape your prayer for missions and missionaries.
- Some great advice that he was given.
- What a previous regional director taught Garland that has shaped his approach to ministry.
- How something very challenging has contributed to his success
- Internet Resource: WordPress
- Book Recommendation: Unmerited Favor
- What a hospital and sick people have to do with what Garland would do in a new and unfamiliar situation.
- What Garland says we should think about.
If you liked this show, please subscribe in iTunes and give us an honest rating and review. It will only take a minute and it goes a long way to helping other people find and connect with the stories of God’s faithfulness in the lives of missionaries around the world.
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-third” position=”first”]
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”two-third” position=”last”]
- Scripture Union, Pietermaritzburg
- WordPress – Hosted, Self-Hosted
- Unmerited Favor
- E100 Program
- Garland Sam – Twitter | Facebook | Email
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”