I’m excited to bring you a special guest this week – my wife, Katherine Entzminger. Ordinarily, she wouldn’t be interested in something like this but she’s really felt God moving her to share some of the stories from her time as a missionary.
Right now Katherine is a full-time homemaker but she spent about 4 ½ years as a missionary with Youth with a Mission (YWAM). While in YWAM, she traveled to Mexico and Central America, Africa, India, and Central Europe. She also spent time as part of the support staff on a YWAM base.
After her time with YWAM, she went back to school and re-entered the marketplace. And that was all before she and I ever met.
In this week’s interview, you’ll discover:
- One often-misattributed quote that has shaped how Katherine approaches both friendship and ministry
- How Katherine ended up lost on a street, faced with armed military and how God brought her and another missionary back to where they were safe
- One thing that God showed her that has released forgiveness in her life
- What’s exciting Katherine right now and what she’s looking forward to
- One thing you can do to encourage a missionary today
- Some advice Katherine was given that sets her up to receive help
- One thing that someone did to support her while she was a missionary and even while she was transitioning back into the marketplace
- Internet Resource: Facebook
- Book Recommendation: No Compromise
- What Katherine would focus on for the first seven days in a new country and what she would do to ensure she wouldn’t be distracted from it.
- Best contact: email (listen to the episode)
[wc_box color=”secondary” text_align=”left”]
As a listener of Engaging Missions, Audible.com will give you a free audio book when you sign up for a 30-day free trial to check out their service. While the book Katherine recommended – No Compromise – isn’t available from Audible, there are over 150,000 titles to choose from.
Personally, I recommend the Bible. Just about any translation. You can't go wrong to have God's word available when you're driving to work, out for a walk, or working out. It's what I did when I joined Audible over 7 years ago.Claim your free book
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-third” position=”first”]
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”two-third” position=”last”]
- No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green
- Leave a rating and review
- Ratings on Pinterest
- Ratings on Engaging Missions
- Katherine’s email address (listen to the episode)
[wc_box color=”info” text_align=”center”]
Help support the Engaging Missions Show[/wc_box]
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”