Bryan Thompson trains people to reach people who can't (or prefer not to) read with the Gospel. By focusing on personal interactions and telling stories rather than pointing to books, he's able to to share God's love in ways that people understand.
But don't think that it's shallow because he's telling stories. Far from being a “step away” from the Bible, it models the way Jesus taught. And it can quickly become a deep discussion about God and life because of the way questions allow Bryan and others to dig into God's word.
Listen as he shares some of the wonderful things God has done through his ministry.
What we talked about
- [00:34] – Introduction
- [04:15] – Meaningful verse
- [05:26] – How is your family involved in ministry?
- [06:28] – God’s work in seasons of difficulty
- [09:18] – Secretly spreading Scripture
- [12:11] – Good personal habits
- [14:48] – Engaging Missions Leadership Moment
- [17:30] – What is orality?
- [22:24] – Many forms of sharing the Gospel
- [25:30] – How did God lead you to this?
- [28:12] – Using the story of Mary and Martha
- [34:47] – What fuels your passion?
- [38:15] – How to get started in storytelling
- [41:30] – Parting advice and contact info
- Great interview, Great ministry.November 24, 2016 by pagaentzy from United States
Every episode is intriguing. The Thanksgiving episode was both heartwarming and challenging. Thank you for sharing. God bless you, your interviewees, and your listeners.
- Great resources and storiesOctober 21, 2016 by oldsow from United States
Bryan has a relaxed style, quick humour, and "engaging" style. Every week there is different guest who is serving in a different capicity in missions. You get to hear from vetrans who have spent decades in the field to students who are about to embark on their first journey. They represent a wide spectrum of missional work and church backgrounds. Their testimonies are encouraging and thought provoking. They also add in very helpful tips for missionaries, potentiaonl missionaries, or mission supporters.
- Bryan is a great interviewerOctober 19, 2016 by Androwlew from United States
Not only is the content of this show wonderful to listen to, Bryan makes it easy to want to listen to it as he is a great listener and has intriguing questions. I listen to many podcasts, and some of them the podcast host can get in the way of the narrative trying to be told. That is definitely not the case with Engaging Missions. Bryan finds a good balance between asking the right questions, getting the interviewee to go deeper on concepts they know well but the audience doesn’t, and allowing the interviewee to tell his/her story. It’s a fine balance to find and he does it well.
- Great Podcast!October 4, 2016 by octavehigher from United States
- One of the bestMay 3, 2016 by SteCIr from United States
One of the best podcasts I've listened to. Audio quality is superb, the interviews are engaging, the content is challenging, and the website content is very helpful. Very professional.
- Bryan is a fantastic hostFebruary 25, 2016 by This is Rammy from United Kingdom
I've only recently came across Bryan's podcast but I found the content to be very refreshing and thought provoking. He not only makes you question what you're doing to benefit others but also what you could do more. The guests he interviews are varied and that helps to keep the content feeling fresh. Thanks Bryan, keep up the great work. Lee
- Great stories and inspiration!February 25, 2016 by Daniel J. Lewis from United States
Bryan does a great job of pulling inspiring stories from his guests. Not only will this motivate you, but I think it can help open your eyes to the wide field of Christian missions work. I think you’ll learn how to better pray for missionaries, recognize how you can support missions work, and discover opportunities to participate yourself!
- Great PodcastJuly 28, 2015 by Cobbled Together from United States
Great interviews with those on the forefront of missional thinking. Thanks for doing what you are doing!
- Fantastic Podcasts on Disciple Making Movements!April 26, 2015 by C Huckaby from United States
Found these podcasts because of their amazing collection of interviews with leaders of church planting and disciple making movements! Keep up the great work!
- Great interview, Great ministry.January 22, 2015 by pagaentzy from United States
Good to hear how God guides when we seek to know Him and His ways. Check out episode 9, Packing Bags of Light.
- Stop By Here for Consistent EncouragementOctober 29, 2014 by jph356 from United States
It’s no secret that there are more podcast shows out there than we could ever listen to, so from Day One on iTunes, we have to start filtering all the options to find the “diamonds in the rough.” I feel that Bryan’s interviews with missionaries are at the forefront of cutting-edge podcast ministry. I am deeply encouraged by his ministry of missionary stories and mission education. May God bless you, Bryan, as you continue to serve the LORD and bring him glory!
- Great sourceJuly 24, 2014 by J bo from United States
It is such a great source to be able to hear and learn about missions from missionaries. Very helpful tool for missionaries to share what they are up to and how they are serving Christ.
- Great missions interviewsMay 25, 2014 by Caleb Sukofamily.org from United States
Bryan has some great mission interviews on his podcast with missionaries who are on the front lines serving the Lord.
- Great interview with Brent B.May 4, 2014 by Marfoof from United States
Enjoyed hearing about YWAM...have some friends who participated in YWAM as well as a daughter-in-law. Their ministry is great!
- Such a need for this!April 16, 2014 by Micpreeeb from United States
What a great idea for a podcast. SO many will be blessed by this...from the missionary to their supporters to the people they minister to. Excellent.
- Great listen!April 15, 2014 by JoeDaddy1138 from United States
Interviews are very informative and an easy listen. Engaging Missions' ability to offer insightful questions to paint a picture of the opportunities and challenges with the mission field will help shed some light on what God is doing worldwide.
- authorApril 12, 2014 by TC Avey from United States
You'll be blessed by listening.
Like the show? Leave a review!
- Simply the Story
- The God Story – The order form is near the bottom of the page.
If you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes or send an email to email@example.com.
As a listener of Engaging Missions, Audible.com will give you a free audio book when you sign up for a 30-day free trial to check out their service. With over 150,000 titles to choose from, you’re sure to find one you like.
Personally, I recommend the Bible. Just about any translation. You can't go wrong to have God's word available when you're driving to work, out for a walk, or working out. It's what I did when I joined Audible over 7 years ago.
Claim your free book
Help support the Engaging Missions Show
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”