David Broodryk is a church planting pastor in South Africa. Join us as he talks about the powerful transformation God has done in his ministry.
As we were getting started, David shared about the time in which God began to call him away from just starting a church to reaching the 10 million people in his city. Throughout the show, he discusses the simplicity of following the Great Commission and how God uses ordinary people like us to share the love of Christ.
Want to listen to the Bible on the go? Try out Audible.com and download it FREE!
What we talked about
- [00:34] – Introduction
- [02:00] – Family life and ministry
- [03:09] – Being led by God to reach a city
- [09:57] – Would you go back and change anything?
- [10:45] – Going on a journey with the church
- [12:55] – Meaningful verse: “When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.” – Acts [4:13]
- [14:41] – Engaging Missions Leadership Moment
- [17:48] – How God uses ordinary people for the Kingdom
- [20:50] – Foundations for God-led decisions
- [22:34] – Challenges with trained leaders
- [24:37] – Overcoming years of learning
- [26:13] – Things that encourage you
- [30:20] – Marketplace matters
- [33:25] – Surrounded by the nations
- [36:06] – How to reach out to other cultures
- [38:54] – Book and internet resources
- [40:19] – Parting advice and contact info
- Contact David through Accelerate Training
If you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[wc_box color=”secondary” text_align=”left”]
As a listener of Engaging Missions, Audible.com will give you a free audio book when you sign up for a 30-day free trial to check out their service. With over 150,000 titles to choose from, you’re sure to find one you like.
Personally, I recommend the Bible. Just about any translation. You can't go wrong to have God's word available when you're driving to work, out for a walk, or working out. It's what I did when I joined Audible over 7 years ago.
Claim your free book[/wc_box]
[wc_box color=”info” text_align=”center”]
Help support the Engaging Missions Show[/wc_box]
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”