Luke Voight and his family are missionaries to Malawi, Africa. Through them, God uses sports to reach the lost and broken. They coach kids, share the Gospel, and provide for spiritual and physical needs.
The Lord has been doing great things through this ministry, and Luke shares some of the stories of transformation. God does an amazing job at redeeming the ordinary things, like a soccer ball, to show His great love to the world.
Get your first audio book for free! You can select the book Luke mentioned, the Bible, or one of over 180,000 titles for your first download. Download for free by trying out Audible.com (and help support the show)!
The Foundational Missions Leadership Moment podcast is ALMOST ready to go. Keep your eyes open over the next few days.
What we talked about
- [00:29] – Episode summary
- [02:28] – Introduction
- [04:39] – How did you come to know Jesus?
- [05:57] – Coming full circle with sports
- [07:11] – Is anything beyond God’s redemption?
- [08:06] – The culture and lessons of Malawi
- [09:33] – Providing for spiritual and physical needs
- [11:10] – Learning to lay everything at Jesus’ feet
- [12:22] – Beneficial habits
- [14:06] – Engaging Missions Leadership Moment
- [17:38] – Using sports to show the love of God
- [19:30] – Keys to bridge the gaps
- [20:26] – Taking advantages of teachable moments
- [22:10] – Seeing lives transformed through Christ
- [24:34] – Finding new opportunities in ministry
- [25:54] – Is there anything you would change?
- [28:44] – How God makes the impossible possible
- [32:50] – Marketplace matters
- [33:44] – Surrounded by the nations
- [34:58] – Internet and book resources
- [36:04] – Parting advice and contact info
Contact Luke at Voight’s In Malawi
Resources & Contact Info
- Ask Pastor John Podcast by John Piper
- Desiring God
- Operation World
- Radical Together by David Platt
- Voight’s In Malawi
A tweet would be AMAZING!
FeedbackIf you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes, leave a voicemail with SpeakPipe, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.