In this week's episode of Engaging Missions, Josh Young stops by to share about his ministry and the ways that God is working through it. Josh currently works with the organization “Hydrating Humanity,” which focuses on providing clean water, hygiene education, and the Gospel to places in Kenya and Tanzania.
As someone who is involved in the marketplace and ministry, Josh understands the importance of both in the Kingdom of God. He discusses the need to listen to God in every aspect of life, not just in ministry. Once we hear the plans of God and walk in obedience to them, God will give us the courage to keep following Him wherever He goes!
Want to listen to the Bible on the go? Download for free by trying out Audible.com (and help support the show)!
What we talked about
- [00:32] – Episode summary
- [01:16] – Introduction
- [03:23] – Being transformed by obedience
- [06:34] – Where do you do most of your ministry?
- [07:49] – Meaningful verse
- [10:47] – Seeing the steadfastness of God
- [12:45] – Remembering the need for courage
- [14:23] – Being sensitive to the Lord’s timing
- [16:02] – Personal habits for the Kingdom
- [18:31] – Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
- [22:35] – What makes Hydrating Humanity different?
- [28:52] – The complexities and challenges of ministry
- [31:04] – What is exciting you about ministry?
- [34:39] – How can people be involved with the ministry?
- [38:20] – Marketplace matters
- [40:50] – Learning to be undistracted
- [42:52] – Surrounded by the nations
- [45:16] – Internet and book resources
- [47:42] – Parting advice and contact info (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Resources & Contact Info
- Hydrating Humanity
- The Unshakable Kingdom and the Unchanging Person by E. Stanley Jones
- Voights in Malawi
- Keep on Keeping On from @AlexGTHawke
A tweet would be AMAZING!
FeedbackIf you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes, leave a voicemail with SpeakPipe, or send an email to email@example.com.