This week on Engaging Missions, we take a different turn as the episode focuses on fundraising for ministry. Our guest, Aaron Babyar, talks about how missionaries can build a support team and how we can better bless those in ministry.
Aaron is strongly involved in a boot camp that trains missionaries in how to understand fundraising biblically. Through the camps, individuals have the opportunity to see the importance of being fully funded when in ministry. In the episode, Aaron clearly refutes some misconceptions about raising support and shows how it actually is really important to the Kingdom of God.
Also, I'm very thankful to Paul Yoder of DonorElf for the introduction. If you're looking for a way to stay on top of your support and develop stronger relationships with your supporters, I'd recommend that you check out his software. And if you found this week's episode valuable, be sure to tell Aaron and Paul how much you appreciated it.
Want to listen to the Aaron's recommended book, The God Ask, on the go? Download for free by trying out Audible.com (and help support the show)!
Or win a copy of the Kindle version for yourself or someone else. Just leave a comment on the show notes page letting me know you'd like to enter and why you'd like a copy. I'll use the email address attached to your comment to contact you and make arrangements if you win.
What we talked about
- [0:01:56] – Introduction
- [0:02:55] – Spreading hope to ministries
- [0:06:08] – The Biblical understanding of fundraising
- [0:09:17] – Knowing how to strategize and trust
- [0:11:49] – Places of struggle in fundraising
- [0:13:56] – The fruit of sowing into the Kingdom
- [0:18:12] – Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
- [0:21:52] – Why people struggle with fundraising
- [0:23:27] – Replacing the misconceptions of fundraising
- [0:25:52] – How to raise support
- [0:28:52] – What does “fully funded” look like?
- [0:35:47] – Producing edifying conversations
- [0:39:18] – What steps work well for raising support?
- [0:41:30] – Maintaining relationships across miles
- [0:46:35] – Information about the bootcamps
- [0:50:11] – How can those back home help raise support?
- [0:58:37] – Internet and book resources
- [1:03:19] – Parting advice
Resources & Contact Info
- Support Raising Solutions
- The God Ask by Steve Shadrach
- Jenn Fortner
- “Climb” conference – October 11-14, 2016