This Family is on a Mission to Glorify God in the WorldEpisode 146 - The Kings
In this week’s episode of Engaging Missions, the King family joins us to explain ways to involve kids in ministry. Bryan and his wife, Mical, have three adopted children and currently live in Oklahoma.
From Sonic to Sunday mornings, Bryan and Michal find ways to include the kids in ministry. Throughout the episode, they each share different ways to encourage the kids to be a part of spreading the Gospel. Also, Kody and Josué join in and give testimonies, and Kody shares the Three Circles method with us. This episode is a great reminder that God can use absolutely anyone (regardless of age) to spread the Good News of Jesus.
Want to listen to the Bible on the go? Download for free by trying out Audible.com (and help support the show)!
What we talked about
- [00:28] – Episode summary
- [01:17] – Introduction
- [04:08] – Modeling ministry to the kids
- [05:04] – When were your kids adopted?
- [05:51] – Have you always involved your kids in ministry?
- [07:55] – Shifts in family dynamics
- [09:29] – Kody’s story in 15 seconds
- [10:20] – Desiring for a deep love of God and people
- [12:47] – Overcoming fears of measuring up
- [17:05] – Additional resources and teasers
- [20:48] – Kody shares the Three Circles method
- [23:50] – Kody’s favorite Bible story
- [24:24] – How did you start your kids in ministry?
- [25:23] – Josué’s training in ministry
- [27:27] – Praying for carhops and forming relationships
- [29:13] – Have you seen any prayers answered?
- [30:02] – Michal’s perspective on transformation
- [31:05] – The first step for getting kids involved
- [32:24] – Being freed from fear
- [33:51] – Podcast and internet resources
- [35:30] – Ways to connect and parting advice
More about Children in Ministry
This is part of a special miniseries on involving children in ministry. Check out the links below for more information about resources, ministries, and how some families are able to involve children of all ages in hands-on ministry.
- How God Engages Kids' Hearts to Bring Jesus to the World, with Tom Clark – EM149
- How to Create a World Changing Legacy of Love, with Sean and Maayan Steckbeck – EM148
- Kids in Ministry: How to Share the Good News Simply, with Tim, Lydia, and Caleb – EM147
- This Family is on a Mission to Glorify God in the World, with The Kings – EM146
- How to Involve Children in Bringing Good News to the World, with The Coopers – EM145
- Amazing Stories from Myanmar: How to Involve Children in Ministry, with Justin and Josiah Steidinger – EM144
Let me know when they're all available!
If you want to know when they're all available together, just enter your name and email address in the form below. You'll be able to stay current with what's going on at Engaging Missions and we'll be sure to let you know when you can download the series.
We value our email addresses and we'll protect yours, too. We won't sell it or rent it out. And we'll do our best to only send you stuff that's worthwhile.