Kids in Ministry: How to Share the Good News SimplyEpisode 147 - Tim, Lydia, and Caleb
This week on the Engaging Missions Show, our guests, Tim, Lydia, and Caleb (pen names) visit to continue our series on including kids in ministry. Throughout the episode, they share their experiences and the ways they involve Caleb and their other children in sharing the Gospel. They also discuss one of the most difficult times they have ever experienced and the ways that God helped them through it.
Tim and Lydia do a great job at presenting some really easy ways to let kids be a part of the Great Commission. By making the tools simple enough for kids to use, the Gospel can be spread throughout the world by anyone and everyone.
Want to listen to the Bible on the go? Download for free by trying out Audible.com (and help support the show)!
What we talked about
- [00:33] – Episode summary
- [02:17] – Introduction
- [05:07] – Taking a step to involve the kids
- [06:51] – How to lead through transitions
- [10:16] – Overcoming the fears of change
- [12:21] – How God redeemed a difficult time
- [14:33] – Resources and helpful tools
- [17:33] – Caleb’s thoughts on ministry
- [18:51] – How did you begin involving the kids?
- [21:46] – Using simple tools for spreading the Gospel
- [22:47] – Benefits of having kids involved in ministry
- [23:37] – What would you hope to see in later generations?
- [28:40] – Ways to involve kids in ministry
- [32:15] – Having a heart for the lost
- [33:36] – Contact info and parting advice
“And He said to them, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” Luke 10:2 (ESV)
Resources & Contact Info
— Bryan Entzminger (@engagingmission) July 13, 2016
A tweet would be AMAZING!
More about Children in Ministry
This is part of a special miniseries on involving children in ministry. Check out the links below for more information about resources, ministries, and how some families are able to involve children of all ages in hands-on ministry.
- How God Engages Kids' Hearts to Bring Jesus to the World, with Tom Clark – EM149
- How to Create a World Changing Legacy of Love, with Sean and Maayan Steckbeck – EM148
- Kids in Ministry: How to Share the Good News Simply, with Tim, Lydia, and Caleb – EM147
- This Family is on a Mission to Glorify God in the World, with The Kings – EM146
- How to Involve Children in Bringing Good News to the World, with The Coopers – EM145
- Amazing Stories from Myanmar: How to Involve Children in Ministry, with Justin and Josiah Steidinger – EM144
Let me know when they're all available!
If you want to know when they're all available together, just enter your name and email address in the form below. You'll be able to stay current with what's going on at Engaging Missions and we'll be sure to let you know when you can download the series.