Today on Engaging Missions, Tom Clark joins us to finish out our series on including kids in ministry. He, his wife, and two girls currently live in Florida, and they all look forward to another addition to the family in the near future! Tom was a youth pastor and now works as a church planter in Florida. The goal is to reach every corner of the world with the Gospel until there is #noplaceleft.
Throughout the episode, Tom shares about his two girls and how he includes them in telling others about Jesus. He talks about how God has been using his kids in many ways, whether it be them praying for their friends or simply giving encouraging words. This episode is a great reminder of how God can use anyone (no matter what age) to advance the Kingdom.
What we talked about
- [00:31] – Episode summary
- [01:54] – Introduction
- [03:53] – Teaching kids to love the Church
- [05:19] – Being assets to ministry
- [08:23] – The challenges of including kids in ministry
- [11:04] – Meaningful verse
“Through Him and for His Namesake, we received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes through faith.” – Romans 1:5
- [12:19] – Resources for growing kids in faith
- [15:16] – Catalyzing a church-planting movement
- [18:13] – How do you involve your kids in ministry?
- [22:26] – The joy of seeing God work through children
- [24:59] – Having meaningful conversations about the Gospel
- [25:29] – Opportunity for short term missions
- [26:45] – What are the first steps of involving kids in ministry?
Resources & Contact Info
A tweet would be AMAZING!
FeedbackIf you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes, leave a voicemail with SpeakPipe, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about Children in Ministry
This is part of a special miniseries on involving children in ministry. Check out the links below for more information about resources, ministries, and how some families are able to involve children of all ages in hands-on ministry.
- How God Engages Kids' Hearts to Bring Jesus to the World, with Tom Clark – EM149
- How to Create a World Changing Legacy of Love, with Sean and Maayan Steckbeck – EM148
- Kids in Ministry: How to Share the Good News Simply, with Tim, Lydia, and Caleb – EM147
- This Family is on a Mission to Glorify God in the World, with The Kings – EM146
- How to Involve Children in Bringing Good News to the World, with The Coopers – EM145
- Amazing Stories from Myanmar: How to Involve Children in Ministry, with Justin and Josiah Steidinger – EM144
Let me know when they're all available!
If you want to know when they're all available together, just enter your name and email address in the form below. You'll be able to stay current with what's going on at Engaging Missions and we'll be sure to let you know when you can download the series.