Gret Glyer talks about his creative project for missionaries, an app called “DonorSee.” He discusses how the app works as well as the many ways it can encourage believers around the world.
Gret also shares how God called him into missions after working at a car company for some time. Once he taught in math to students in Malawi, he felt led to continue in ministry. Throughout the episode, Gret ties in the theme of “true religion” (James [1:27]) and how we can truly walk in obedience to the Lord.
What we talked about
- [00:36] – Episode summary
- [01:42] – Introduction
- [02:38] – What is DonorSee and how is it unique?
- [04:04] – The joy of seeing impact
- [04:31] – Adventures home and abroad
- [05:20] – Learning to transition between cultures
- [06:02] – What led you to teach math overseas?
- [08:40] – Did you have to raise support?
- [09:12] – The thirty days of preparation
- [10:36] – Stick shift and sticky situations
- [14:30] – Meaningful verse
- [15:25] – Great podcasts and excerpts
- [17:14] – Bad Missionary Podcast
- [17:38] – The story behind DonorSee
- [26:51] – Being a part of the ecosystem
- [27:59] – How to avoid being overwhelmed by need
- [30:54] – Next week’s episode
- [32:28] – What transformation do you hope to see?
- [35:26] – Marketplace matters
- [37:15] – Surrounded by the nations
- [39:05] – Internet and book resources
- [40:07] – Parting advice and contact info
- [41:28] – Closing remarks
Resources & Contact Info
- Coming Apart by Charles Murray (Get this book for free as your first download for trying Audible – https://engagingmissions.com/freebook)