When people think of missions and missionaries, they often picture special people in exotic or distant places. Jen Hamilton reminds us, however, that she and other missionaries are simply walking with Jesus just as we are.
Her journey with Him has led her to Thailand where she and her family serve in many ways. From teaching swimming lessons, to visiting prisoners, to forming a house church, Jen seeks to spread the Gospel to those in her community. By loving those around her and by walking in obedience to God, she has seen God continually work and move in the Thai people.
What we talked about
- [00:27] – Introduction
- [00:58] – What fuels your passion?
- [03:08] – Representing Christ well in the community
- [06:33] – How do you best connect with the community?
- [07:29] – Learning to fail forward
- [08:30] – Facing difficulties in ministry
- [11:20] – Meaningful verse
- [11:56] – Personal habits for the Kingdom
- [13:16] – International Podcast Day (tweet about #PodcastDay)
- [15:51] – What most excites you about what you’re doing?
- [19:29] – Using Kingdom principles in the workplace
- [20:45] – Connecting on the heart level
- [21:32] – Strategies for developing leaders
- [22:15] – What is the Luke 10:2b prayer?
- [23:53] – Focusing on the harvest
- [24:44] – Would you do anything differently?
Missionary to Thailand
Resources & Contact Info
- The Luke 10 Website (lk10.com)
- Jen Hamilton on Facebook (connect and request to be part of their special ministry group)
Information about International Podcast Day
Make sure you catch the special edition of the Engaging Missions Show on September 30th. And learn more by visiting the International Podcast Day website.
A tweet would be AMAZING!
How to Share God’s Love in Thailand: 5 Simple Strategies, with Jen Hamilton – EM158 https://t.co/J2JRIy5Wjj
— Engaging Missions (@engagingmission) September 21, 2016