From Uganda, to Ireland, to the States, Tony Svendsen has worked to spread the Gospel to every corner of the Earth. In this episode, he shares about what God has been up to in his ministry. He works with No Place Left and E3 Partners in an effort to equip believers with tools to make disciples.
Tony also discusses the importance of seeing the “local” as the expert and learning from them. He emphasizes the value in giving them the authority to bring the Good News to their homes and towns. In his own life, he has seen God use him in ways he never expected — showing that God is capable of using us in our weaknesses.
What we talked about
- [00:25] – Episode summary
- [03:56] – Introduction
- [04:18] – Personal life and family
- [05:40] – What does “No Place Left” mean?
- [06:45] – The dynamics of transition
- [08:58] – Breaking through traditions
- [10:04] – A season of difficulty
- [11:21] – Personal habits for spiritual growth
- [12:30] – Transforming weaknesses into strengths
- [13:36] – Doing Ministry Well and words of encouragement
- [15:53] – Building cultural understanding while at home
- [17:32] – Mobilizing believers to share the Gospel
- [18:27] – Inviting others into the spiritual conversation
- [19:25] – Opportunities on the horizon
- [21:12] – Tools for sharing the Good News
- [23:58] – The royal priesthood of believers
- [25:34] – Next week on Engaging Missions
- [26:39] – Unifying denominations under the Name of Jesus
- [29:00] – Marketplace matters
- [31:13] – Surrounded by the nations
Resources & Contact Info
A tweet would be AMAZING!
- Engaging Announcer: (name withheld)
- Audio Editing: Geoff Butterworth
- Show Notes: Gabby Oechsle