Sometimes in the Christian world, there seems to be tension between established churches and church planting organizations. Our guest, Tom Clark, works hard to bridge the gap between the two groups by training leaders in how to go out and share the Gospel. He shares about leadership and what qualities they look for when training others in ministry.
During the show, Tom tells stories about what God is up to in the ministry, as well as how training looks for different types of people. His words bring both encouragement and conviction as he challenges us to take the time to plan goals, spend time in the presence of God, and connect with those around us.
What we talked about
- [00:25] – Episode summary
- [01:42] – Introduction
- [02:34] – General approaches to ministry
- [04:41] – Coaching established leaders
- [17:58] – The Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
- Check out the Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
- [18:39] – Differences between new believers and established leaders
- [27:33] – Acronyms for life and seeing the cost for the Kingdom
- [30:39] – A timeline for training leaders
- [32:30] – Engaging Missions Trivia
What is the most popular book about missions on Amazon?
Win a free Kindle copy of that book by tweeting the right answer.
Have a trivia question you'd like to have considered? Tweet that too.
- [34:00] – Roles, goals, and scheduling
- [40:02] – Power in putting plans on a calendar
- [41:10] – How to schedule for transition
- [43:00] – A challenge for the listeners – try fasting
Our Fundraiser!We're raising funds to help Global Initiative equip the Church to share God's love with Muslims. Visit our fundraiser page for more information about Global Initiative and how YOU can be involved.
- Audio Editing: Geoff Butterworth
- Show Notes: Gabby Oechsle