David Kaufmann shares about a new project in his ministry. In order to equip missionaries in how to make disciples, he is starting a training school near Nashville, Tennessee. This organization works to teach missionaries through classwork and on-the-ground training.
Listen to hear about the school as well as the growth of church planting in the community of Nashville and some of his goals for the area. More than anything, he points to the importance of spending time in the Word of God and of obeying Him in every part of life. Whether it be mowing the grass or making disciples, we can serve Jesus in all that we do.
What we talked about
- [00:26] – Episode summary
- [01:51] – Introduction
- [03:25] – How do you hear God speak to you?
- [05:40] – Obedience leads to revelation
As I am obeying Jesus through His Word, He teaches me more about Himself, which is very natural in a relationship. As you learn more about someone, and as you learn to listen to them, you see the person’s heart.
- [07:24] – A new understanding of ministry
- [10:03] – Raising up intentional leaders in the community
- [11:11] – Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
- [11:53] – Launching a missionary training school
- [14:27] – Ways to find more information
- [15:16] – How the missions training works
- [17:02] – Partnering with established ministries
- [18:27] – Where is the school located?
- [19:37] – A modern monastery for ministry
- [20:33] – The uniqueness of the training school
- [21:41] – Finding unchurched in a Christian nation
- [22:54] – Ways to partner with the ministry
- [24:11] – Next week on Engaging Missions
- [25:47] – Opportunities for ministry