When working in ministry, it is crucial to spend time with Jesus. Without Him, we really can do nothing. Our guest, Zack Woolwine, talks about just how important abiding in Christ is. As a pioneer missionary to the Pacific Island area, he has many stories of how God is moving there.
Zack has a vision to work himself out of a job. As he continues to make disciples in Tonga and surrounding islands, he plans to pass the baton onto the local pastors and leaders. With local leaders taking charge, the Gospel has continued to spread to the outer reaches of the Pacific, leaving almost no place left without the Good News of Jesus.
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Episode summary
- [01:36] – Introduction
- [02:08] – Encouraging kids to worship
- [02:31] – What has ministry been like over the years?
- [03:24] – The process of passing on leadership
- [04:29] – The difficulty of letting things go
- [05:37] – Celebrating the moves of God
- [12:11] – Being aware of when to exit
- [13:59] – Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
- [14:47] – What’s coming next?
- [15:25] – What will you do as a regional trainer?
- [17:07] – Being effective in work and ministry
We just use what we find in the Bible. We send people out with their testimonies and what Jesus has done in their life.
- [18:32] – Keys to sharing the Gospel well
- [20:47] – Preparing kids for transition
- [22:43] – Next week on Engaging Missions
- [24:00] – The foundational nature of abiding
- [24:42] – Why is abiding important?
Our Fundraiser!We're raising funds to help Global Initiative equip the Church to share God's love with Muslims. Visit our fundraiser page for more information about Global Initiative and how YOU can be involved.
- Audio Editing: Geoff Butterworth
- Show Notes: Gabby Oechsle