Hi, and welcome to Engaging Missions!
One of the questions I often hear is, “Why did you start the Engaging Missions Show?”
Seems like a fair question.
Here's the deal: I think there are two incredible gaps that need to be addressed. First, God is doing some AMAZING things that we seldom hear about. And second, sometimes the people who are seeing these things happen don't have the opportunity to share what they've seen.
I like standing in that gap.
I like finding people who are willing to share. I like connecting with them and hearing their stories. I like discovering what God's done in their lives and what they've learned. I like encouraging them. And I like sharing their stories with you.
And I hear that you like hearing the stories, too.
- I hear stories of how you're able to connect with missionaries and church planters you've never met at a “heart level” because they were willing to be vulnerable.
- I hear stories of how you've been challenged to step into something new.
- I hear stories of how you've been encouraged when you were feeling down.
- I hear stories of how hearing what God's doing brings the world (and sometimes the news) into perspective.
- I hear how people from varied backgrounds and perspectives find unity in Christ.
And I'm no different. I know first-hand how powerful those stories can be. They inspire, challenge, and encourage me.
If that's the kind of thing that you're interested in – being inspired, challenged, encouraged, and equipped – I think you'll really love the Engaging Missions Show. If you're looking for a way to know more about what God's doing – the news that never makes the news – I think you're in the right place.
If that's you, I'd like to encourage you to do two things:
- Subscribe to the show so you never miss an episode.
- Prayerfully consider partnering with me by becoming a Patron of the Engaging Missions Show.
You can use the links below to do both of those.
Meet the Team
Audio EditorGeoff is a songwriter, worship leader, music teacher and audio engineer. He owns Sound Paradigm Studio and edits the Engaging Missions Show for publishing. He’s also heavily involved with his local church, and is part of Paradigm Worship International, a touring worship band. Geoff and his wife Breanna were guests on the Engaging Missions Show after a missions trip to Latvia.
WriterGabby is a full-time college student who enjoys writing. She writes engaging headlines, captures insightful quotes and resources, and writes the show notes. Because of what she does, we’re able to consistently publish show notes that are valuable even when people don’t have time to listen to the entire show. Gabby was a guest on the Engaging Missions Show after a missions trip to Africa.