I’m excited to be bringing Autumn Kerr to you this week. She’s the executive director of Visiting Orphans, a Nashville-based ministry that partners with orphanages, schools, and ministries around the world that care for children and communities. They organize short-term trips for churches, schools, and other organizations to places like Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Ukraine. In our time together, Autumn shared several stories of God’s amazing grace in her life and ministry.
- One scripture that many people dislike but has been a key to Autumn’s life
- How a job change turned into an opportunity for God’s provision and a new direction
- How she was able to make it through the process of adopting a boy from Ethiopia as a single woman
- How reading The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?set her up for her first mission trip
- What her team has done over the last year and how they are able to create ministry teams out of people who have never met
- Where you can go to learn more and get involved
- How you can increase your support for a missionary or ministry without increasing your financial commitment
- The advice that has helped Autumn be available to do her best at the things God has called her to do
- The significance of hundreds of painted tree leaves
- The habit that has allowed her to start a personal blog and is the key to raising her adopted son as a single mother
- Book Recommendation: Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible
- How she would take advantage of the situation if she found herself in a new country.
- Her recommendation for how to let God guide decisions
[Tweet “Consider it all joy…”]
[wc_box color=”secondary” text_align=”left”]
You can get the audio version of The Purpose Driven Life OR Sun Stand Still for free if you sign up for, Audible.com's free 30-day free trial. That's a great way to check out their service and discover the joy of audio books.
And, if you've already read those books, there's no reason to worry. With over 150,000 titles to choose from, you're sure to find something you like.Claim your free book
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-third” position=”first”]
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”two-third” position=”last”]
- Visiting Orphans
- My Single Adoption
- A Discipleship Journey: A Guide for Making Disciples That Make Disciple-Makers
- Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible
- The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”