Miriam Paul (pen name) lives and ministers in a Majority Muslim nation. In the region where she lives, it is legal to be a Christian and to worship but it is illegal for any Muslim to convert to Christianity. Further, it's illegal to do anything to convert a Muslim to any other religion.
As we talked, she shared some powerful insights into ministry and our relationship with God. She shared her testimony, her perspective, and some of the ways God is moving.
Listen to hear how God called her to this ministry and to discover what fuels her passion.
What we talked about
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:34″]- Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:54″]- How God called Miriam to a majority-Muslim nation
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:27″]- How can we learn more about the reality of the world?
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:25″]- Is it difficult to reconcile a loving God with a broken world?
- [spp-timestamp time=”09:36″]- Do you ever battle fear living in a “creative access” area of the world?
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:53″]- Foundational Scripture from Romans
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:27″]- A significant challenge in Miriam's life
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:13″]- Engaging Missions Leadership Moment
- [spp-timestamp time=”19:30″]- How is God moving in the area where you live?
- [spp-timestamp time=”23:02″]- Are you able to be open with your faith where you live?
- [spp-timestamp time=”26:17″]- Do you live according to the Kosher diet to avoid offending Muslims?
- [spp-timestamp time=”27:45″]- How do you bridge the gap between Allah and Yahweh (Jehovah)?
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:38″]- What excites you the most about what you're doing?
- [spp-timestamp time=”32:17″]- Is the Koran only valid in the original language?
- [spp-timestamp time=”34:17″]- What fuels your passion in ministry?
- [spp-timestamp time=”36:23″]- Do you normally work with individuals, families, or groups?
- [spp-timestamp time=”42:36″]- What would you share with someone called into the marketplace who is wondering if what they do really matters for the Kingdom?
- [spp-timestamp time=”44:08″]- What would you like to say about refugees?
- [spp-timestamp time=”49:17″]- Is the Church living the Gospel in spite of what we're often told?
- [spp-timestamp time=”50:18″]- What would you share with somebody who is realizing they're surrounded by people from other countries?
- [spp-timestamp time=”52:19″]- What resource would you recommend for our listeners?
[wc_box color=”secondary” text_align=”left”]
Like the show? Leave a review!
God: I'm not calling you to this land to rescue girls from 'kitchen fires.' I'm sending you there to rescue them from eternal fire. Click To Tweet
My God is bigger. There's no safer place to be than in the center of His will. Click To Tweet
We have to be convinced that perfect love casts out all fear. Click To Tweet
I choose to build a bridge rather than a wall. Click To Tweet
I have never met a Muslim that refused prayer, even in the name of Jesus. Click To Tweet
God has put you where you are for a reason. You have a purpose. Click To Tweet
The Bible tells us we are supposed to love and help the oppressed and the stranger. Click To Tweet
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-fourth” position=”first”]
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”one-fourth” position=”last”]
If you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[wc_box color=”secondary” text_align=”left”]
As a listener of Engaging Missions, Audible.com will give you a free audio book when you sign up for a 30-day free trial to check out their service. With over 150,000 titles to choose from, you’re sure to find one you like.
Personally, I recommend the Bible. Just about any translation. You can't go wrong to have God's word available when you're driving to work, out for a walk, or working out. It's what I did when I joined Audible over 7 years ago.
Claim your free book[/wc_box]
[wc_box color=”info” text_align=”center”]
Help support the Engaging Missions Show[/wc_box]
Check out the Engaging Missions Online Radio Show #podcast Click To Tweet
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”