Miriam Paul (pen name) lives and ministers in a Majority Muslim nation. In the region where she lives, it is legal to be a Christian and to worship but it is illegal for any Muslim to convert to Christianity. Further, it's illegal to do anything to convert a Muslim to any other religion.
As we talked, she shared some powerful insights into ministry and our relationship with God. She shared her testimony, her perspective, and some of the ways God is moving.
Listen to hear how God called her to this ministry and to discover what fuels her passion.
What we talked about
- [00:34]– Introduction
- [01:54]– How God called Miriam to a majority-Muslim nation
- [07:27]– How can we learn more about the reality of the world?
- [08:25]– Is it difficult to reconcile a loving God with a broken world?
- [09:36]– Do you ever battle fear living in a “creative access” area of the world?
- [11:53]– Foundational Scripture from Romans
- [13:27]– A significant challenge in Miriam's life
- [16:13]– Engaging Missions Leadership Moment
- [19:30]– How is God moving in the area where you live?
- [23:02]– Are you able to be open with your faith where you live?
- [26:17]– Do you live according to the Kosher diet to avoid offending Muslims?
- [27:45]– How do you bridge the gap between Allah and Yahweh (Jehovah)?
- [30:38]– What excites you the most about what you're doing?
- [32:17]– Is the Koran only valid in the original language?
- [34:17]– What fuels your passion in ministry?
- [36:23]– Do you normally work with individuals, families, or groups?
- [42:36]– What would you share with someone called into the marketplace who is wondering if what they do really matters for the Kingdom?
- [44:08]– What would you like to say about refugees?
- [49:17]– Is the Church living the Gospel in spite of what we're often told?
- [50:18]– What would you share with somebody who is realizing they're surrounded by people from other countries?
- [52:19]– What resource would you recommend for our listeners?
[wc_box color=”secondary” text_align=”left”]
- Great missions interviewsby Caleb Sukofamily.org from United States
Bryan has some great mission interviews on his podcast with missionaries who are on the front lines serving the Lord.
- Great interview with Brent B.by Marfoof from United States
Enjoyed hearing about YWAM...have some friends who participated in YWAM as well as a daughter-in-law. Their ministry is great!
- Such a need for this!by Micpreeeb from United States
What a great idea for a podcast. SO many will be blessed by this...from the missionary to their supporters to the people they minister to. Excellent.
- Great listen!by JoeDaddy1138 from United States
Interviews are very informative and an easy listen. Engaging Missions' ability to offer insightful questions to paint a picture of the opportunities and challenges with the mission field will help shed some light on what God is doing worldwide.
- authorby TC Avey from United States
You'll be blessed by listening.
- Upliftingby Brian Ambrose from Australia
Always challenging and encouraging
- Thank youby Biznice Marketing, Inc from United States
Incredibly relevant podcast, doing mission work! Great interviews and thank you for doing this. As a Christian on a mission it can be hard when you feel isolated. We are not alone! Thank you for reminding me of this.
- A Missionary Must Hearby silas2mongolia from United States
I found this podcast by accident while I was searching for another. After listening to just one episode, I was hooked. Each episode is encouraging and challenging in all different kinds of ways. As a missionary, I have been really encouraged by the different stories of people giving their lives for the sake of Christ. I think absolutely that every missionary should listen to this, but also any believer should as well.
- Great podcastby Country_chick4 from United States
This is a fantastic show that I have shared with all my mission minded friends. It is terrific, uplifting, thought provoking, and interesting. I have been greatly blessed and benefitted tremendously from listening to this podcast!
- Interview with Scott McCellandby Steve the horn player from Australia
Thanks Bryan for this encouraging interview with Scott McCelland
- Great interview, Great ministry.by pagaentzy from United States
Every episode is intriguing. The Thanksgiving episode was both heartwarming and challenging. Thank you for sharing. God bless you, your interviewees, and your listeners.
- Great resources and storiesby oldsow from United States
Bryan has a relaxed style, quick humour, and "engaging" style. Every week there is different guest who is serving in a different capicity in missions. You get to hear from vetrans who have spent decades in the field to students who are about to embark on their first journey. They represent a wide spectrum of missional work and church backgrounds. Their testimonies are encouraging and thought provoking. They also add in very helpful tips for missionaries, potentiaonl missionaries, or mission supporters.
- Bryan is a great interviewerby Androwlew from United States
Not only is the content of this show wonderful to listen to, Bryan makes it easy to want to listen to it as he is a great listener and has intriguing questions. I listen to many podcasts, and some of them the podcast host can get in the way of the narrative trying to be told. That is definitely not the case with Engaging Missions. Bryan finds a good balance between asking the right questions, getting the interviewee to go deeper on concepts they know well but the audience doesn’t, and allowing the interviewee to tell his/her story. It’s a fine balance to find and he does it well.
- Great Podcast!by octavehigher from United States
- One of the bestby SteCIr from United States
One of the best podcasts I've listened to. Audio quality is superb, the interviews are engaging, the content is challenging, and the website content is very helpful. Very professional.
- Bryan is a fantastic hostby This is Rammy from United Kingdom
I've only recently came across Bryan's podcast but I found the content to be very refreshing and thought provoking. He not only makes you question what you're doing to benefit others but also what you could do more.The guests he interviews are varied and that helps to keep the content feeling fresh.Thanks Bryan, keep up the great work.Lee
- Great stories and inspiration!by Daniel J. Lewis from United States
Bryan does a great job of pulling inspiring stories from his guests. Not only will this motivate you, but I think it can help open your eyes to the wide field of Christian missions work.I think you’ll learn how to better pray for missionaries, recognize how you can support missions work, and discover opportunities to participate yourself!
- Great Podcastby Cobbled Together from United States
Great interviews with those on the forefront of missional thinking. Thanks for doing what you are doing!
- Fantastic Podcasts on Disciple Making Movements!by C Huckaby from United States
Found these podcasts because of their amazing collection of interviews with leaders of church planting and disciple making movements! Keep up the great work!
- Stop By Here for Consistent Encouragementby jph356 from United States
It’s no secret that there are more podcast shows out there than we could ever listen to, so from Day One on iTunes, we have to start filtering all the options to find the “diamonds in the rough.” I feel that Bryan’s interviews with missionaries are at the forefront of cutting-edge podcast ministry. I am deeply encouraged by his ministry of missionary stories and mission education. May God bless you, Bryan, as you continue to serve the LORD and bring him glory!
- Great sourceby J bo from United States
It is such a great source to be able to hear and learn about missions from missionaries. Very helpful tool for missionaries to share what they are up to and how they are serving Christ.
Like the show? Leave a review!
God: I'm not calling you to this land to rescue girls from 'kitchen fires.' I'm sending you there to rescue them from eternal fire. Click To Tweet
My God is bigger. There's no safer place to be than in the center of His will. Click To Tweet
We have to be convinced that perfect love casts out all fear. Click To Tweet
I choose to build a bridge rather than a wall. Click To Tweet
I have never met a Muslim that refused prayer, even in the name of Jesus. Click To Tweet
God has put you where you are for a reason. You have a purpose. Click To Tweet
The Bible tells us we are supposed to love and help the oppressed and the stranger. Click To Tweet
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-fourth” position=”first”]
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”one-fourth” position=”last”]
If you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[wc_box color=”secondary” text_align=”left”]
As a listener of Engaging Missions, Audible.com will give you a free audio book when you sign up for a 30-day free trial to check out their service. With over 150,000 titles to choose from, you’re sure to find one you like.
Personally, I recommend the Bible. Just about any translation. You can't go wrong to have God's word available when you're driving to work, out for a walk, or working out. It's what I did when I joined Audible over 7 years ago.
Claim your free book[/wc_box]
[wc_box color=”info” text_align=”center”]
Help support the Engaging Missions Show[/wc_box]
Check out the Engaging Missions Online Radio Show #podcast Click To Tweet
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”