In this week’s episode of the Engaging Missions Show, Bill (pen name) shares about his life and ministry over the last few years. He has spent 12 years serving in Borneo, south east Asia, and now plants churches. He has two sons, five grandchildren, and his wife, who coordinates events in the States.
Throughout his time in ministry, Bill has seen God work in the most broken places. Bill discusses the simplicity of making disciples and sharing the Gospel. We must tell others the Good News so that those who scream out to the world will know there is the Answer.
What we talked about
Questions, Topics, and Times
- [00:34] – Introduction
- [02:18] – Meaningful verse
- [03:03] – A season of difficulty
- [06:19] – Times of transition
- [07:46] – The best and worst places you’ve stayed
- [10:04] – How to know the moves of God
- [12:12] – Spiritual warfare
- [16:16] – How many languages do you speak?
- [16:53] – Engaging Missions Leadership Moment
- [19:51] – Finding the common thread
- [21:30] – What did Jesus do?
- [23:30] – How do you help people to spread the Gospel?
- [24:08] – Where have you seen most impact
- [27:06] – Principles for making disciples
- [29:01] – Explaining a personal God
- [31:53] – The biggest obstacles in ministry
- [33:30] – Reconciling God and family
- [34:44] – What fuels your passion or breaks your heart?
- [38:58] – From the Field – JennyBeth Gardner of Ten3.org shares how a tweet opened up new ministry opportunities.
- [43:23] – To young people called to ministry
- [46:08] – How to raise funds for ministry
- [47:43] – Surrounded by the nations
- [51:08] – Internet and book resources
- [52:08] – Parting advice
[wc_box color=”secondary” text_align=”left”]
- Great missions interviewsby Caleb Sukofamily.org from United States
Bryan has some great mission interviews on his podcast with missionaries who are on the front lines serving the Lord.
- Great interview with Brent B.by Marfoof from United States
Enjoyed hearing about YWAM...have some friends who participated in YWAM as well as a daughter-in-law. Their ministry is great!
- Such a need for this!by Micpreeeb from United States
What a great idea for a podcast. SO many will be blessed by this...from the missionary to their supporters to the people they minister to. Excellent.
- Great listen!by JoeDaddy1138 from United States
Interviews are very informative and an easy listen. Engaging Missions' ability to offer insightful questions to paint a picture of the opportunities and challenges with the mission field will help shed some light on what God is doing worldwide.
- authorby TC Avey from United States
You'll be blessed by listening.
- Upliftingby Brian Ambrose from Australia
Always challenging and encouraging
- Thank youby Biznice Marketing, Inc from United States
Incredibly relevant podcast, doing mission work! Great interviews and thank you for doing this. As a Christian on a mission it can be hard when you feel isolated. We are not alone! Thank you for reminding me of this.
- A Missionary Must Hearby silas2mongolia from United States
I found this podcast by accident while I was searching for another. After listening to just one episode, I was hooked. Each episode is encouraging and challenging in all different kinds of ways. As a missionary, I have been really encouraged by the different stories of people giving their lives for the sake of Christ. I think absolutely that every missionary should listen to this, but also any believer should as well.
- Great podcastby Country_chick4 from United States
This is a fantastic show that I have shared with all my mission minded friends. It is terrific, uplifting, thought provoking, and interesting. I have been greatly blessed and benefitted tremendously from listening to this podcast!
- Interview with Scott McCellandby Steve the horn player from Australia
Thanks Bryan for this encouraging interview with Scott McCelland
- Great interview, Great ministry.by pagaentzy from United States
Every episode is intriguing. The Thanksgiving episode was both heartwarming and challenging. Thank you for sharing. God bless you, your interviewees, and your listeners.
- Great resources and storiesby oldsow from United States
Bryan has a relaxed style, quick humour, and "engaging" style. Every week there is different guest who is serving in a different capicity in missions. You get to hear from vetrans who have spent decades in the field to students who are about to embark on their first journey. They represent a wide spectrum of missional work and church backgrounds. Their testimonies are encouraging and thought provoking. They also add in very helpful tips for missionaries, potentiaonl missionaries, or mission supporters.
- Bryan is a great interviewerby Androwlew from United States
Not only is the content of this show wonderful to listen to, Bryan makes it easy to want to listen to it as he is a great listener and has intriguing questions. I listen to many podcasts, and some of them the podcast host can get in the way of the narrative trying to be told. That is definitely not the case with Engaging Missions. Bryan finds a good balance between asking the right questions, getting the interviewee to go deeper on concepts they know well but the audience doesn’t, and allowing the interviewee to tell his/her story. It’s a fine balance to find and he does it well.
- Great Podcast!by octavehigher from United States
- One of the bestby SteCIr from United States
One of the best podcasts I've listened to. Audio quality is superb, the interviews are engaging, the content is challenging, and the website content is very helpful. Very professional.
- Bryan is a fantastic hostby This is Rammy from United Kingdom
I've only recently came across Bryan's podcast but I found the content to be very refreshing and thought provoking. He not only makes you question what you're doing to benefit others but also what you could do more.The guests he interviews are varied and that helps to keep the content feeling fresh.Thanks Bryan, keep up the great work.Lee
- Great stories and inspiration!by Daniel J. Lewis from United States
Bryan does a great job of pulling inspiring stories from his guests. Not only will this motivate you, but I think it can help open your eyes to the wide field of Christian missions work.I think you’ll learn how to better pray for missionaries, recognize how you can support missions work, and discover opportunities to participate yourself!
- Great Podcastby Cobbled Together from United States
Great interviews with those on the forefront of missional thinking. Thanks for doing what you are doing!
- Fantastic Podcasts on Disciple Making Movements!by C Huckaby from United States
Found these podcasts because of their amazing collection of interviews with leaders of church planting and disciple making movements! Keep up the great work!
- Stop By Here for Consistent Encouragementby jph356 from United States
It’s no secret that there are more podcast shows out there than we could ever listen to, so from Day One on iTunes, we have to start filtering all the options to find the “diamonds in the rough.” I feel that Bryan’s interviews with missionaries are at the forefront of cutting-edge podcast ministry. I am deeply encouraged by his ministry of missionary stories and mission education. May God bless you, Bryan, as you continue to serve the LORD and bring him glory!
- Great sourceby J bo from United States
It is such a great source to be able to hear and learn about missions from missionaries. Very helpful tool for missionaries to share what they are up to and how they are serving Christ.
Like the show? Leave a review!
I began thinking it was more important to ask, ‘What did Jesus do?’ Click To Tweet
It’s basic: God, man, sin, and Jesus. Click To Tweet
It was as if all the anguish of the universe was in that girl’s face. She was just screaming into the world.' Click To Tweet
Learn to make disciples where you are now. Click To Tweet
Just make disciples! Tell somebody about Jesus and teach them how to do the same thing. It really is just that simple. Click To Tweet
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-fourth” position=”first”]
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”one-half” position=”last”]
If you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes or send an email to email@example.com.
[wc_box color=”secondary” text_align=”left”]
As a listener of Engaging Missions, Audible.com will give you a free audio book when you sign up for a 30-day free trial to check out their service. With over 150,000 titles to choose from, you’re sure to find one you like.
Personally, I recommend the Bible. Just about any translation. You can't go wrong to have God's word available when you're driving to work, out for a walk, or working out. It's what I did when I joined Audible over 7 years ago.
Claim your free book[/wc_box]
[wc_box color=”info” text_align=”center”]
Help support the Engaging Missions Show[/wc_box]
Check out the Engaging Missions Online Radio Show #podcast Click To Tweet
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”