In this week's episode of Engaging Missions, Josh Young stops by to share about his ministry and the ways that God is working through it. Josh currently works with the organization “Hydrating Humanity,” which focuses on providing clean water, hygiene education, and the Gospel to places in Kenya and Tanzania.
As someone who is involved in the marketplace and ministry, Josh understands the importance of both in the Kingdom of God. He discusses the need to listen to God in every aspect of life, not just in ministry. Once we hear the plans of God and walk in obedience to them, God will give us the courage to keep following Him wherever He goes!
Want to listen to the Bible on the go? Download for free by trying out Audible.com (and help support the show)!
What we talked about
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:32″] – Episode summary
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:16″] – Introduction
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:23″] – Being transformed by obedience
- [spp-timestamp time=”06:34″] – Where do you do most of your ministry?
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:49″] – Meaningful verse
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:47″] – Seeing the steadfastness of God
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:45″] – Remembering the need for courage
- [spp-timestamp time=”14:23″] – Being sensitive to the Lord’s timing
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:02″] – Personal habits for the Kingdom
- [spp-timestamp time=”18:31″] – Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
- [spp-timestamp time=”22:35″] – What makes Hydrating Humanity different?
- [spp-timestamp time=”28:52″] – The complexities and challenges of ministry
- [spp-timestamp time=”31:04″] – What is exciting you about ministry?
- [spp-timestamp time=”34:39″] – How can people be involved with the ministry?
- [spp-timestamp time=”38:20″] – Marketplace matters
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:50″] – Learning to be undistracted
- [spp-timestamp time=”42:52″] – Surrounded by the nations
- [spp-timestamp time=”45:16″] – Internet and book resources
- [spp-timestamp time=”47:42″] – Parting advice and contact info (email@example.com)
Resources & Contact Info
- Hydrating Humanity
- The Unshakable Kingdom and the Unchanging Person by E. Stanley Jones
- Voights in Malawi
- Keep on Keeping On from @AlexGTHawke
A tweet would be AMAZING!
You need to be bold. I think the Lord had called us to be bold in partnership with Him. Click To Tweet
Clean water, by itself, is only 15% effective in helping eliminate water-borne disease. Click To Tweet
We’ve decided to focus on a region instead of a number. Click To Tweet
Be bold and courageous and listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. Click To Tweet
Check out the Engaging #Missions Show #podcast Click To Tweet
FeedbackIf you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes, leave a voicemail with SpeakPipe, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-fourth” position=”first”]
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”one-fourth” position=”last”]
[/wc_column][/wc_row]Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”