This week on Engaging Missions, we take a different turn as the episode focuses on fundraising for ministry. Our guest, Aaron Babyar, talks about how missionaries can build a support team and how we can better bless those in ministry.
Aaron is strongly involved in a boot camp that trains missionaries in how to understand fundraising biblically. Through the camps, individuals have the opportunity to see the importance of being fully funded when in ministry. In the episode, Aaron clearly refutes some misconceptions about raising support and shows how it actually is really important to the Kingdom of God.
Also, I'm very thankful to Paul Yoder of DonorElf for the introduction. If you're looking for a way to stay on top of your support and develop stronger relationships with your supporters, I'd recommend that you check out his software. And if you found this week's episode valuable, be sure to tell Aaron and Paul how much you appreciated it.
Want to listen to the Aaron's recommended book, The God Ask, on the go? Download for free by trying out Audible.com (and help support the show)!
Or win a copy of the Kindle version for yourself or someone else. Just leave a comment on the show notes page letting me know you'd like to enter and why you'd like a copy. I'll use the email address attached to your comment to contact you and make arrangements if you win.
What we talked about
- [0:01:56] – Introduction
- [0:02:55] – Spreading hope to ministries
- [0:06:08] – The Biblical understanding of fundraising
- [0:09:17] – Knowing how to strategize and trust
- [0:11:49] – Places of struggle in fundraising
- [0:13:56] – The fruit of sowing into the Kingdom
- [0:18:12] – Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
- [0:21:52] – Why people struggle with fundraising
- [0:23:27] – Replacing the misconceptions of fundraising
- [0:25:52] – How to raise support
- [0:28:52] – What does “fully funded” look like?
- [0:35:47] – Producing edifying conversations
- [0:39:18] – What steps work well for raising support?
- [0:41:30] – Maintaining relationships across miles
- [0:46:35] – Information about the bootcamps
- [0:50:11] – How can those back home help raise support?
- [0:58:37] – Internet and book resources
- [1:03:19] – Parting advice
Resources & Contact Info
- Support Raising Solutions
- The God Ask by Steve Shadrach
- Jenn Fortner
- “Climb” conference – October 11-14, 2016
A tweet would be AMAZING!
“Believe and have faith that it all depends on God, but meanwhile, work like it all depends on you.” Click To Tweet
Begging and inviting — those are diametrically opposed. Click To Tweet
Your job doesn’t define who you are in Christ. Click To Tweet
My supporters are a part of my ministry because they are in it with me. Click To Tweet
Check out the Engaging #Missions Show #podcast Click To Tweet
FeedbackIf you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes, leave a voicemail with SpeakPipe, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-fourth” position=”first”]
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”one-fourth” position=”last”]
[/wc_column][/wc_row]Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”