Justin and Josiah Steidinger recently returned from a trip to Myanmar (formerly known as Burma). In the past, Justin's family has often been involved in support-type ministry. Everything from setting up the stage for worship at a traditional church, to some involvement in home groups.
But over the last year or so, Justin's family has transitioned to “being” the church in a more real way. Now his children are more involved in direct ministry and they are seeing amazing fruit.
Listen to discover what they've done to involve their children in ministry and how it's impacted their family. And as you do, you'll also hear some of the amazing things God did while they were in Myanmar.
Want to listen to the Bible on the go? Download for free by trying out Audible.com (and help support the show)!
What we talked about
- [00:44] – Show introduction
- [02:57] – Introducing Justin and Josiah Steidinger
- [03:36] – A quick overview of Justin's story and what led Justin to involve his in being the church and being more missions-minded
- [05:24] – Is it new for Josiah to be involved with his parents in this capacity?
- [05:44] – How was this experience different than what you expected?
- [06:22] – Have your children always been involved? And if not, why not?
- [07:39] – Has this been a shift from service-based support ministry involvement to direct ministry?
- [08:04] – What led to the change in ministry focus?
- [09:14] – What's changed in your lives since this transition?
- [11:08] – How has this transition changed Josiah's relationship with God?
- [11:39] – Were there any fears or roadblocks to changing your family's involvement?
- [13:24] – What fruit have you seen that you didn't expect at first?
- [16:35] – Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
- [21:55] – How exactly do you have your kids involved in active ministry?
- [23:46] – How did you get from involving kids in church to taking one on a missions trip?
- [25:29] – What made Josiah want to go to Myanmar?
- [26:11] – Stories of what God did while Justin and Josiah were in Myanmar.
- [29:42] – What did God do because of the miracles you saw Him do?
- [31:38] – Did Josiah see anything that surprised him while in Myanmar?
- [34:00] – What do you mean when you say “word of knowledge”?
- [35:06] – Did God working through you change your view of what God does and how He does it?
- [37:31] – What happened when the team was able to get to a village where they'd never heard the Gospel.
- [43:05] – Did you leave believers behind when you left the village?
- [43:43] – What's a resource you'd point people to if they want to involve their children in ministry?
- [45:50] – The best way to contact Justin. – http://luke648.com/contact
- [46:27] – What's one step you'd encourage someone to take today
- [48:17] – Parting advice
More about Children in Ministry
This is part of a special miniseries on involving children in ministry. Check out the links below for more information about resources, ministries, and how some families are able to involve children of all ages in hands-on ministry.
- How to Create a World Changing Legacy of Love, with Sean and Maayan Steckbeck – EM148
- Kids in Ministry: How to Share the Good News Simply, with Tim, Lydia, and Caleb – EM147
- This Family is on a Mission to Glorify God in the World, with The Kings – EM146
- How to Involve Children in Bringing Good News to the World, with The Coopers – EM145
- Amazing Stories from Myanmar: How to Involve Children in Ministry, with Justin and Josiah Steidinger – EM144
Let me know when they're all available!
If you want to know when they're all available together, just enter your name and email address in the form below. You'll be able to stay current with what's going on at Engaging Missions and we'll be sure to let you know when you can download the series.
We value our email addresses and we'll protect yours, too. We won't sell it or rent it out. And we'll do our best to only send you stuff that's worthwhile.
A tweet would be AMAZING!
— Bryan Entzminger (@engagingmission) June 22, 2016
Stop viewing children as a hindrance to ministry. Click To TweetWhatever you're going to do, let your kids be involved too. Click To TweetAlways use love and lead them in the direction of Christ. Click To TweetCheck out the Engaging #Missions Show #podcast Click To Tweet