John White shares about the house church movement and the benefits it brings to the spread of the Gospel. He currently serves to equip believers in how to start house churches as well as “CO2s” (also known as Church of Two). After working in the traditional church setting, John felt called to take part in the house church movement and has seen God work through it.
During the show, John focuses on the important steps and tools for a house church. For example, he strongly addresses the significance of hearing the Lord in everyday life as well as during church gatherings. Once we are able to listen to His voice, we will learn to do what we see the Father doing.
What we talked about
- 00:35 – Episode summary
- 01:17 – Introduction
- 04:03 – The transition from traditional to house church
- 06:23 – The roles of family and synagogue
[spp-clammr text=”In Jewish culture, the home, and not the synagogue, was the center of spirituality.” start=”07:42″ end=”08:06″]
- 09:31 – Training for the house church model
- 15:03 – Meaningful verse
I do nothing of My own initiative; I only do what I see the Father doing. – John 5, verse 19
- 16:06 – Resources and recommendations
- 17:29 – Learning to know nothing
- 19:31 – Every home as a church
- 21:40 – How to start a “Church of 2”
- 24:34 – Connecting and equipping leaders
- 26:25 – How God has worked through the movement
- 28:15 – What fuels your passion?
- 30:36 – Next week on Engaging Missions
- 32:01 – What to do when you’re done
- 34:21 – Internet and book resources
- [36:22] – Parting advice and contact info: The Luke 10 Community
[spp-clammr text=”Listen to the Lord, see what He says, and do that.” start=”37:15″ end=”37:19″]
Resources John Mentioned & Contact Info
- Our Father Abraham: Jewish Roots of the Christian Faith by Marvin R. Wilson
- The Luke 10 Community
- Church 101
- New research shows that 65 million Americans are now “Done” with church
- What Luther and Calvin didn’t know
A tweet would be AMAZING!
In Jewish culture, the home, and not the synagogue, was the center of spirituality. #missions Click To TweetOur attention is one of the most important resources that we have. #missions Click To TweetI literally had to learn how to do nothing in order to see what the Father is doing. #missions Click To TweetCheck out the Engaging #Missions Show #podcast Click To Tweet