The Lord has a mysterious way of using things the world deems unnecessary to further His Kingdom. In recent times, many people speak about the ills of short-term missions, but Autumn Kerr joins us to show just how important these trips can be in bringing glory to God and in encouraging missionaries.
Autumn, a previous guest (all the way back on the third episode!), returns to talk more about recent changes in the ministry “Visiting Orphans” and some of the training opportunities coming up. Her words on short-term missions remind us that we must “leave entitlement home,” and how we can fully serve missionaries in the places we visit.
What we talked about
- [00:39] – Introduction
- [01:38] – Personal life and Visiting Orphans
- [02:48] – The transitions in ministry
- [04:32] – Maintaining unity across the world
- [07:06] – The challenges of traveling
- [10:00] – Approaching short term missions
- [13:24] – Meaningful verse
- [16:21] – Doing Ministry Well
- [16:31] – How leadership training works
- [18:04] – How to be involved
- [20:19] – The ways God works and moves
- [25:37] – Impact that goes beyond simple statistics
- [28:25] – Next week on Engaging Missions
- [30:54] – How to be a good guest for missionaries
A tweet would be AMAZING!
FeedbackIf you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes, leave a voicemail with SpeakPipe, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audio Editing: Geoff Butterworth
- Notes / Time Stamps: Gabby Oechsle