Sometimes when Christians go on short term mission trips and come home, they might feel disconnected or distant. Jerry Smith, our guest, shares about his own experience with this and how God used it to bring transformation. He also shares his salvation story and how God used his wife (girlfriend at the time) to bring him into relationship with Christ.
When listening to the episode, you can quickly notice that the Word and prayer are central parts in Jerry’s life and ministry. He also focuses on how obedience is crucial in spreading the Gospel. This episode calls us to wake up from our sleep and to join in the work of God in the world.
What we talked about
- 00:26 – Introduction
- 01:21 – A story of salvation
- 02:26 – The transformational work of the Lord
[spp-clammr text=”God allowed me to dig myself into a hole that only He could get me out of. #missions” start=”2:44″ end=”3:04″]
- 03:38 – Ministry and family dynamics
- 04:43 – Involving kids in ministry
- 05:57 – Learning to be intentional with children
- 07:04 – A season of difficulty and God’s redemption
- 10:30 – Meaningful verse
For it is the Gospel that we preach to all nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:14
Know, therefore, that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God, who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep His commandments to a thousand generations. – Deuteronomy 7:9
- 11:57 – Upcoming events for the show
- 14:16 – Tying it all together with the Word
- 17:17 – What is the Four Fields Method?
- 20:27 – What most excites you about your ministry?
- 21:27 – Balancing efficiency and faithfulness
- 22:14 – Opportunities in the future
- 23:42 – Increasing prayer in ministry
- 25:30 – Next week on Engaging Missions
- 27:23 – Marketplace matters
- 28:39 – Surrounded by the nations
- 30:49 – Internet and book resources
- [spp-timestamp time=”31:36″] – Parting advice and contact info (email@example.com)
A tweet would be AMAZING!
— Engaging Missions (@engagingmission) September 28, 2016