In the midst of chaos and suffering, we as believers can cling to the hope that God is with us through it all. Our guest, Kent Annan, joins us to talk about this hope as well as how Christians should seek justice. This type of justice is not focused on retribution or punishment, but on bringing life and redemption to a community.
Kent shares from his book, Slow Kingdom Coming, which presents ways in which followers of Christ can live justly, love kindness, and walk humbly with God. His discussion on suffering, justice, and God’s presence is thought-provoking and beautifully illustrated in an understandable way. This episode awakens us to God’s call for justice, truth, and love in our everyday lives.
What we talked about
- 00:25 – News Updates
- 01:52 – Introduction
- 02:17 – Personal life and family
- 03:56 – How God works through transition
- 05:42 – Stepping out in faith
- 07:39 – A God who is with us in suffering
- 09:27 – How different cultures approach relationship with God
- 12:21 – The Scripture and suffering
- 13:33 – Meaningful verse
“He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?” – Micah 6:8, ESV
- 14:27 – Helpful habits for ministry
- [spp-timestamp time=”15:41″] – Doing Ministry Well (doingministrywell.com)
- 16:09 – What is it that Haiti Partners does?
- 17:52 – Who is your book for?
- 21:22 – The Five Practices
- 25:16 – Becoming a church of jubilee
- 29:36 – Choosing where to stay connected
- 30:59 – How to do “truthing” well
- 34:18 – Next week on Engaging Missions
- 35:53 – Marketplace matters
- 38:12 – Surrounded by the nations
[spp-clammr text=”As followers of Jesus, perfect love casts out all fear, right? Instead of a time of fear, it seems like it’s a time of love.” start=”39:09″ end=”39:32″]
- 40:04 – Book and internet resources
- [spp-timestamp time=”41:00″] – Parting advice and contact info (kentannan.com)
A tweet would be AMAZING!
http://engagingmissions.com/?p=26111&preview=1&_ppp=3e2591a6eeCheck out the Engaging #Missions Show #podcast Click To Tweet I loved what @kentannan said about: topic-here Click To Tweet Where is God calling us to engage, and how can we keep renewing that so we don’t face compassion fatigue and burnout? Click To Tweet As followers of Jesus, perfect love casts out all fear, right? Instead of a time of fear, it seems like it’s a time of love. Click To Tweet