In our lives, God often has to break us in order to bring us to a better understanding of who He is. In this week’s episode, our guest, Esteban Cevallos, tells a story of how God broke him (literally and metaphorically) to keep him from wandering away. He also shares about his current ministry, which works to disciple leaders in powerful nations to reach their own people.
From India to Cuba and many places in between, Esteban and his team have worked diligently to spread the Gospel and disciple others. As he shares his stories, we hear about his cross-cultural experiences, his spiritual growth, and his plans for ministry. By following the Holy Spirit, Esteban has seen many come to know God and know how to be ambassadors in the Kingdom.
What we talked about
- [00:25] – Episode summary
- [02:34] – Introduction
- [03:07] – Steps toward Latin America
- [03:58] – Bursting the Christian bubble
- [07:14] – Learning to stay close to the Shepherd
I realized that following Jesus, it is more than just going on Sunday morning. It takes a lot more.
- [10:23] – Which soccer team should we cheer for?
- [11:08] – Revelation of purpose
- [14:21] – Meaningful verses
If you lack wisdom, you ask for it and He will give it to you. - James 1:5 #missions Click To Tweet Click To Tweet (paraphrased) #missions"]Everything that I do, it is to point out to the Father. - Esteban Cevallos #missions Click To Tweet
- [17:47] – The benefits of being an outsider
- [21:00] – Doing Ministry Well
- [22:02] – Reaching every corner of the Earth
- [31:29] – Investing in the Kingdom of God
- [32:58] – Working in the pivot place
- [42:36] – Updates on missionaries
- [45:57] – Surrounded by the nations