Transforming an entire ministry can take a lot of work, and our guest, Mike Puckett (or “Puck” for short) experienced this first hand. As a ministry leader on a college campus, he realized the need to change the organization from a typical ministry to a “band of missionaries.” The focus shifted from having services for Christian students to sharing the Gospel with those who don’t know Christ.
Through the difficult changes and adjustments, Puck has seen God work in many ways. Not only has this transition impacted the students on campus, but also Puck himself. In the interview, he shares about his spiritual growth through this process. Because of his and the students’ obedience, more people have had the opportunity to hear about the goodness of God and His Gospel of hope.
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Episode information and prayer requests
- [02:22] – Introduction
- [02:56] – Praying for laborers in the harvest
- [03:57] – What is No Place Left?
- [06:14] – Relying on the Kingdom principles
- [14:13] – Doing Ministry Well
- [14:56] – Becoming a band of missionaries
- [19:14] – Breaking the system like a bull in a china shop
- [25:47] – Ignoring the numbers and seeing the hearts
- [32:39] – Foundational Missions Leadership Moment ad
- [32:57] – Marketplace matters
- [35:09] – Surrounded by the nations