Mark Brink, shares about how his ministry works to better reach the Muslim community with the Gospel of Christ. Understanding those with a different faith can take time and energy, but for all to come to know Jesus makes the work worth it. Also, Mark mentions that the harvest within the Muslim community has been great, with many coming to accept Christ.
Throughout the episode, he discusses how the Lord placed a burden on him to reach the Muslim community with the Gospel. By coming into contact with different Muslims or those working closely with Islamic groups, Mark began to understand God’s heart for them. Just like anyone else, Muslims need Jesus.
What we talked about
- [00:25] – Episode summary
- [02:13] – Introducing Mark Brink
- [02:45] – What brought you to this place?
- [04:35] – Unexpected calling
- [05:26] – A pivotal moment
- [07:02] – Coming to understand the culture
- [10:17] – Learning from the Middle East
- [12:24] – Walking in the tension
- [14:15] – Starting from the beginning
- [16:16] – Doing Ministry Well
- [16:39] – Approachable, lovable, and valuable
- [18:20] – Training for local leaders
- [19:56] – Partnering with the right people
- [22:13] – The transformation of training
- [24:01] – Taking the long-term perspective
- [26:38] – Counting the cost
Lord, lead me to the person that is seeking for truth, that You have started to prepare for me to walk up to them.
- [31:31] – Internet and book resources
- [32:13] – Contact info (reachingmuslimpeoples.com)
- [32:26] – How to better engage Muslims
- [34:26] – A way to support ministry
Our Fundraiser!We're raising funds to help Global Initiative equip the Church to share God's love with Muslims. Visit our fundraiser page for more information about Global Initiative and how YOU can be involved.
- Audio Editing: Geoff Butterworth
- Show Notes: Gabby Oechsle