When thinking about leadership from the world’s perspective, you might define it as taking charge, having power, and directing others. Our guest today, Bob Lidfors, clearly shows the biblical way to lead by serving. As a missionary in Germany, Uganda, and India, he partners with local believers to support them and train new leaders.
Throughout our talk, Bob shares about habits that lead him in deeper relationship with Christ. For example, he discusses the importance of starting the day in worship and how it shifts his focus toward God. As he speaks about his ministry and life, one can easily see his heart to serve and love God and others well.
What we talked about
- 00:25 – Episode summary
- 01:08 – Introduction
- 02:25 – Involved in many nations
- 02:48 – Walking in faith through times of difficulty
- 05:02 – Meaningful verse
- 07:34 – Taking a posture of worship
- 09:01 – The revelation of relationship
- 10:20 – Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
- 11:01 – What are you doing in your ministry?
- 13:49 – Fighting the “Lone Ranger” tendencies
- 14:44 – What fuels your passion?
- 15:33 – Identifying leaders and ministers
- 18:57 – Refreshing the vision
- 20:12 – If you could change one thing
- 21:20 – Engaging Missions Trivia
- 22:34 – Marketplace matters
- 26:50 – Many ministry opportunities
- 28:32 – Internet and book resources
- 30:05 – Ways to partner and support
- 30:35 – A challenge for coming days
- 33:12 – Reaching the Muslim community
Here's the link to the article I referenced about reaching Muslims.
- 35:24 – Stories from Mongolia
Thanks to Brian Hogan for making his book available to us. If you'd like to grab a copy for free, give Audible's service a try and download your first book for free.