Sometimes, discipleship can be messy. Our guest, Jacob Via shares about his experience in sharing the Gospel across cultures. He is currently a missionary and church planter in Haiti. Eventually, he wants to see the Gospel spread to every corner of Haiti, to where there is no place left to spread the Gospel.
Jacob also discusses the process of discipleship, including both its joys and struggles. Although there have been moments of difficulty, God has been faithful to lead in the ministry and bring many to salvation. More people in Haiti have finally heard the story of God’s redemption, and no longer see Jesus as a “good luck charm,” but as their Lord and Savior.
What we talked about
- 00:25 – Episode summary
- 01:05 – Introduction
- 01:35 – What are you doing right now in ministry?
- 02:16 – Choosing the top ten cities
- 03:03 – Times of transition
- 04:19 – A legacy of spreading the Gospel
- 05:24 – Seasons of stepping out in faith
- 09:50 – Meaningful verse
And he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. Luke 10:2, ESV
- 10:43 – What has God been showing you?
- 16:33 – Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
- 17:29 – The history of the Church in Haiti
- 21:49 – How do you approach sin issues?
- 25:10 – How did God lead you to Haiti?
- 26:40 – What keeps you going in ministry?
- 28:26 – Next week on Engaging Missions
- 30:05 – The exit strategy and end vision
- 33:06 – Catching the vision
- 34:23 – Internet and book resources
- 35:03 – How can we best pray for you?
- 36:43 – A challenge for the coming days