Sometimes, when you’re in love, all you can do is tell others about this person who fills your heart with joy. For our guest, Robert Harris (a pen name), this is how he views ministry. After coming to know Christ and falling in love with Him, he had to share about what He did in his life. He is currently working with a ministry in Austin, Texas along with his wife.
Soon, the two of them will be moving to South Asia to train local church leaders in how to effectively share the Gospel. During our time together, Robert talked about the lessons he has learned through ministry and everyday life. As he prepares to enter this new culture, he and his wife are learning to trust the Lord and know that He is going with them.
What we talked about
- 00:24 – Episode summary
- 04:02 – Introduction
- 04:35 – Looking for movements of the Gospel
- 05:25 – Times of transition
- 06:49 – Shaping marriage through discipleship
- 08:17 – What does a balanced life look like?
- 10:01 – Signs for the right times to rest
- 11:51 – Learning to trust the Lord
- 14:03 – Resources for spiritual growth
- 15:39 – What has God been showing you?
- 17:55 – Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
- 18:56 – Becoming wise and unafraid
- 20:00 – How did you get involved in ministry?
- 25:25 – What is your next area of ministry like?
- 26:50 – How God works in tough times
- 30:35 – Ways to prepare for transition
- 32:04 – Next week on Engaging Missions
- 34:19 – A change in ministry
- 35:30 – Often-missed opportunities
- 39:36 – Internet or book resources
- 40:42 – How can we best pray for you?
- 42:12 – A challenge for the coming days
- 43:20 – Stories from Mongolia
- 46:15 – How to reach Muslims
- 49:14 – Upcoming series on Short Term Missions
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
Robert Harris (Pen Name)
- Interested in being a bookkeeper for the Engaging Missions Show? Find out more here.
- Upcoming series on short term missions.
- Get a copy of Brian Hogan's book, There's a Sheep in My Bathtub, for free if you try out Audible's service.
- Resources from Global Initiatitive