Growing up, sometimes we have misunderstandings about God. For Kathie Slusser, hers was that it wasn’t important to feel that God loved her. As she went through life, she learned that this idea wasn’t true. Knowing God’s love for her was the first step in learning to love others.
Kathie has worked in many ways, from teaching, to helping a private investigator, to serving in ministry. She now counsels those in ministry and makes curriculums on spiritual and emotional health. As she has learned to accept God’s love, she has been able to love others in a deeper way. Through love, she can bring hope to those who need it.
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Episode summary
- [02:13] – Introduction
- [02:54] – The path of preparation
- [08:16] – Growing up in a family of caregivers
- [10:11] – Learning where love fits
- [15:47] – Understanding the power of love
- [21:37] – Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
We are far more marvelously designed than we ever imagined, but also far more deeply broken than most of us have ever dared to look. But then grace and the Gospel comes, and love comes and says, ‘You are far more rescued than you ever dared to hope.’
- [22:32] – The need for counseling in ministry
- [25:16] – Tension to tell stories of struggle
- [28:11] – How to be a safe person for others
- [34:44] – Walking on both sides of the fence
- [38:51] – A thought to roll around in
- [41:45] – Internet and book resources
- [43:18] – How can we best pray for you?
- [44:49] – A challenge for the coming days
- [47:17] – Stories from Mongolia
- [50:49] – Next week on Engaging Missions
- [51:56] – Connecting with Muslims
Our Fundraiser!We're raising funds to help Global Initiative equip the Church to share God's love with Muslims. Visit our fundraiser page for more information about Global Initiative and how YOU can be involved.
Resources & Contact Info
- Kitchen Table Counseling by Muriel Cook and Shelly Volkhardt
- Rare Leadership by Jim Wilder and Marcus Warner
- John Lynch “The Two Roads Message”
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help shape an upcoming series on short-term missions
- Share your favorite verse for an upcoming episode
- Resources from Global Initiative
- Join in our effort to raise $4,000 to help support Global Initiative