There is power in telling a story of God’s redemption on Earth. David Joannes, today’s guest, has recently written a book about his experience as a missionary and what God has been doing in his life. He is currently a missionary in Thailand with his wife and daughter. Also, he leads a ministry called Within Reach Global, which works to spread the Gospel in the unreached areas of Asia.
He shares about God’s heart for those who have never heard the Gospel. As David has been serving the Lord, he has grown in reflecting Christ’s heart for these people. He continually strives to see different people groups have access to the Good News of Jesus.
What we talked about
- [03:34] – How does God use you in spite of you?
- [05:22] – Allowing God to use us
- [06:55] – A time of walking in faith
- [09:31] – Meaningful verse
And this Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to every nation, and then the end will come. – Matthew 24, verse 14
- [11:33] – The need for growth in the American Church
- [13:36] – Encouraging others to reach the unreached
- [15:23] – What has God been teaching you?
- 16:39 – Foundational Missions Leadership Moment
- [17:24] – Recognizing the call to missions
- [19:07] – Confirming a calling
- [20:01] – What do you do now in China?
- [22:39] – How God works things out
- [25:00] – Learning and unlearning in ministry
- [26:14] – What fuels your passion?
- [27:52] – Publishing ministry experiences
- [29:36] – How to be honest and wise in sharing stories
Our Fundraiser!We're raising funds to help Global Initiative equip the Church to share God's love with Muslims. Visit our fundraiser page for more information about Global Initiative and how YOU can be involved.
Resources & Contact Info
- The Space Between Memories by David Joannes
- 101 Good Christian Books
- Dangerous Territory by Amy Peterson
- Skype: chinaman777
- Facebook: @davidjoannesofficial
- Twitter: @davidjoannes
- LinkedIn: /davidjoannes
- Skype: chinaman777
- Audio Editing: Geoff Butterworth
- Show Notes: Gabby Oechsle