Being believers, we are full-time ministers whether we are in the marketplace or are vocational ministers. As you listen Rex Schnelle shares his story, you'll discover how he's ministered to people in the music business, led ministries in the Church, and supported those who are fighting through addictions in his years of faithful service.
Now God seems to be moving Rex from marketplace and lay ministry towards involvement in a Church plant. Discover how he's preparing to be involved in worship evangelism and discipleship – to pour into the lives of Believers and also the community at large.
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Welcome to the show!
- [00:58] – Introducing Rex Schnelle
- [01:32] – What's at the core of what you do?
- [02:22] – How has God worked in your life and shown His faithfulness?
- [05:29] – Years in the music business.
- [07:53] – The desire to be a spiritual shepherd more than just music business.
- [08:30] – Faithfulness in family life.
- [09:03] – How have you been able to share Christ's love with people who might not have found it in another place?
- [11:00] – Looking back, what are a couple of the key ways God has moved through you?
The most beautiful, powerful things are when those people who struggle…learn to completely trust in Christ.
- [14:28] – Authenticity doesn't mean we forget the reality of who God is in our lives.
- [14:54] – What has God been teaching you over the last few months?
- [17:27] – Think about how you're using Facebook.
- [17:42] – What kind of church plant are we talking about?
- [19:59] – Some of Rex's ministry experience
- [22:10] – Are you primarily helping believers grow in their faith?
- [23:51] – Does what you do also serve the community at large?
- [25:48] – How do you plan to connect with and reach the lost?
- [31:53] – What does “success” look like to you?
- [34:38] – Do you ever see ministry opportunities that are right in front of people that are missed?
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
- Audio Editing: Geoff Butterworth
- Show Notes: Gabby Oechsle