Today, Brian Buckelew visits us to share about the importance of short term missions. He has been on more than 15 trips and has many stories of God’s miraculous movements in the world. Although he is not a full-time missionary or minister, he clearly has a heart for spreading the Gospel throughout the world.
From India to Ukraine, to many other nations, Brian has worked to tell others about Jesus. During the show, he expresses his deep passion for missions, and he encourages us all to find where the Lord wants us to minister.
What we talked about
- 00:23 – Episode summary
- 01:51 – A Moment from Scott McClelland
- 02:27 – Introduction
- 02:53 – Takeaways from short term missions
- 04:26 – How have missions trips impacted you?
- 05:53 – Ways God has shown Himself
- 10:14 – Can short term missions bring unity?
- 20:32 – Partnering with local ministries
- 22:31 – Learning more about the Holy Spirit
- 25:38 – Stand-out short term trips
- 34:35 – Knowing the right time to go
- 38:05 – Fighting the fear
- 46:53 – Closing remarks
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
Resources & Contact Info
Listen to the episode for a way to contact Brian by text message.
- Audio Editing: Geoff Butterworth
- Show Notes: Gabby Oechsle