Short term missions usually include both giving and receiving. Those who go on trips often learn a lot and gain a better understanding of missions in general, but most importantly, they build relationships with different people.
Scott McClelland joins us to talk about the importance of relationships in missions. He also shares his experiences throughout the years and how he has maintained connections across the world.
As a leader of FX Missions, Scott is frequently building friendships with other ministries, missionaries, and pastors. God has used these experiences in his life to impart mutual encouragement for him and those he meets.
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Episode summary
- [01:34] – Introduction
- [02:28] – What do you do with FX Missions?
- [04:16] – The positive impact of short term missions
- [07:14] – Ways to improve short term missions
- [09:55] – How God works through relationships
- [13:41] – Getting behind the veneer
- [15:01] – Early encounters in short term missions
- [17:29] – A message from FX Missions
- [18:19] – Cutting out coffee and contributing to the Kingdom
- [26:22] – Ways that God directs partnerships
- [30:22] – Serving others across the world
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
- Audio Editing: Geoff Butterworth
- Show Notes: Gabby Oechsle