Have you ever wondered if it's possible for short-term missions trips to build on a long-term strategy over time?
If you have, you'll want to hear as Tony Svendsen of e3 Partners shares how he chooses, prepares for, and goes on short trips that line up with a long-term strategy. You'll hear him share two questions to ask to know where to build the best partnerships, five questions to ask yourself before committing to a trip, and how this approach yields incredible benefits.
With his years of experience and heart for building up the body of Christ, you will find Tony's story engaging, ripe with experience, and powerfully simple.
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Show Summary
- [01:16] – Introducing Tony Svendsen
- [01:56] – Tell us a little about your upcoming travels
- [02:51] – How have you seen short-term missions have a positive impact?
- [04:29] – What is one thing we can do better in short-term missions?
- [06:05] – How has God used a short-term missions trip to build on a long-term strategy?
- [08:43] – Was there a catalyst or something that pointed you in that direction?
- [10:07] – What has God been showing you over the last year?
- [11:52] – How would you encourage someone to take the “next step”?
- [13:19] – Check out MissionalAudio.com to find great audio books and podcasts.
- [14:28] – How do you decide where you will invest your time and build partnerships?
- [16:29] – What's one thing to consider when beginning to view short-term missions as part of a long-term strategy?
- [18:02] – How can we make sure we're really walking as partners with local ministries when aligning with a strategy?y?
- [19:45] – Has walking this way begun to change your perspective or how you approach life?
- [20:47] – How have you seen local ministries or churches benefit from a strategic approach?
- [22:16] – How much time to you invest in making sure the partnership is right before you get started?
- [23:30] – Has anyone ever gotten upset if it's not a great fit?
- [24:52] – Next week we'll be hearing from Nellie Ramirez. Here's a little teaser.
- [26:01] – What should people ask themselves before signing up for a missions trip?
- [26:36] – Am I equipped to go on mission?
- [26:40] – What am I wanting to accomplish?
- [27:11] – Do I understand what my giftings and talents are and where I can best serve?
- [27:19] – Do I understand how my gifts and skills tie into a short-term team?
- [27:26] – Is there a long-term strategy that I can bring benefit in serving that way?
- [27:38] – Does e3 Partners provide training for people going on trips?
- [29:18] – What if someone is worried about money or time off from work?
- [30:52] – What does e3 Partners do?
- [32:50] – Where can we learn more about e3 Partners?
- [33:19] – How can we best pray for you?
- [34:08] – If you could challenge us to do one thing in the next 7 days?
- [35:07] – Partnership opportunities
- [35:31] – Nominate the Engaging Missions Show for the Podcast Awards
- [36:04] – Help Global Initiative provide resources for the Body of Christ to engage Muslims for Christ.
Our Fundraiser!We're raising funds to help Global Initiative equip the Church to share God's love with Muslims. Visit our fundraiser page for more information about Global Initiative and how YOU can be involved.
- Audio Editing: Geoff Butterworth