Bible Stories and How to Be More Productive in World Missions, with Bryan Thompson - EM205Episode 205 - Bryan Thompson
There is something to say about the value of productivity in ministry, especially with short term missions. Bryan Thompson joins us to discuss the importance of using our time wisely and taking advantage of resources in ministry and shares a few productivity tips.
He tells stories about trips in Mexico, South Africa, and other places where God used a short term trip to build churches, bring conviction, or encourage believers. He also reminds us of how impactful Bible stories can be on a person and a culture. When someone comes into contact with the Word of God and with His presence, everything changes for the better.
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Episode summary
- [01:50] – Introduction
- [02:23] – What are the positive impacts of short term trips?
- [04:46] – Preparation and approach
- [09:34] – Learning to build relationships before the trip
- [10:53] – Maintaining the creative flow
- [13:54] – What led you to the path of productivity?
- [17:12] – The benefit of organization in ministry
- [19:48] – The common challenges of being productive
- [21:45] – Different forms of short term mission trips
- [24:17] – How do you know where to go?
- [28:00] – The advantage of being out of one’s element
- [36:20] – Ministering from a place of fullness
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
- Audio Editing: Geoff Butterworth
- Show Notes: Gabby Oechsle