Sometimes, ministry can be messy. People are imperfect, and sometimes a congregation or a group one is serving can cause pain for their leaders or pastors. Our guest, Kevin Moore, joins us to tell about his time of hurt in the church and how God has used that to help other pastors now.
He now works with current “wounded shepherds” to help them come to a place of healing. By relating with them in their pain, Kevin is able to remind them of their calling that God has given them. Even when ministry causes misfortune, pastors and ministers can cling to God and find healing in His presence.
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Episode summary
- [01:50] – Introduction
- [04:06] – How prevalent is hurt in ministry?
- [06:29] – Being brought out of the gap
- [09:02] – Are you still at the same church?
- [10:42] – Meaningful verse
- [13:10] – Holding onto the calling in the midst of pain
- [16:37] – Living life abundantly
- [19:30] – Moving toward healing
- [23:39] – The impact of working through the hurt
- [27:13] – How can congregants protect their pastors?
- [31:48] – Resources for healing
- [35:26] – Where can we find your podcast?
- [37:35] – How can we best pray for you?