Living like Jesus can be hard, but it’s always rewarding. Joel Oechsle joins us to talk about four ways that he tries to be like Christ. These four things are truth, integrity, love, and transparency. In the show, he talks about how God taught him these lessons over the years.
From those lessons, God has led him to start an apparel company based on these four ideas. His goal is to spark conversations with people and show Jesus through that. These concepts are more than t-shirt logos; they are meant to be a way of life. From working in construction, to spending time with his family, to working on TILT, Joel hopes to live these ideas out and walk in obedience to where God is leading him (and I think he’s doing a great job of that!).
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Episode summary
- [01:51] – Introduction
- [02:16] – Finding faith in the marketplace
- [04:03] – Showing Jesus by showing love
- [05:51] – The value of truth, integrity, love, and transparency
- [10:52] – How to walk in integrity
- [16:21] – Becoming a part of who you are
- [17:14] – The difficult chapter
- [21:03] – Understanding God a little more
- [24:53] – Learning the meaning of transparency
- [31:31] – What has God been showing you?
Show Me your hand. Expose to the light that which you are ashamed of. That’s transparency.