God is great at using average people to do extraordinary things. Dylan Dodson joins in to talk about how God has been using him to spread the Gospel. He is a church planter in Raleigh, North Carolina with his wife and children. He is working with his team to reach 50,000 people in 25 years.
Having grown up in the faith, Dylan has consistently followed Jesus, even in the hard times. He shares about his own experiences and how God used them to lead him to church planting. In his ministry, he hopes to bring people to Jesus and to send believers out.
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Episode summary
- [01:42] – Introduction
- [02:47] – A deep love for Jersey Mike’s
- [03:24] – The catalyst for sharing the Gospel
- [07:25] – Hope in the midst of difficulty
I’ve just found that if you’re faithful and you cling to God, even when it’s hard, even when you have questions, He really can use it for His glory and our good.
- [08:18] – Conversations with God
- [12:01] – Learning to help others in suffering
- [15:01] – Being called to plant churches
- [17:43] – The perspective of calling
- [18:48] – What does ‘church planter’ mean to you?
- [21:16] – A plan for raising up leaders
- [23:35] – Understanding the numbers
- [26:00] – Overcoming challenges in ministry
- [27:53] – Seeking guidance from mentors
- [29:46] – How did you choose the location?
- [32:30] – Ways to connect with the community
- [34:31] – Keeping it all under control
- [36:12] – What is your podcast about?
- [38:02] – Moments of inspiration