In ministry, the main point should always be to share the love of Jesus, and that’s exactly what Matthew Meyer works to do. Over the last few months, he and his wife have worked in Poland through IMB (a Christian missions organization). Having grown up in Alaska, he seems to be handling the cold weather well!
During their time in Poland, Matthew and his wife have been working with a local team on building and growing a church plant. Their goal is to expand the church plant into a second near the end of this year. In this episode, hear about his joys and challenges of ministry, the importance of heart languages, and the process of following Jesus.
What we talked about
- 00:32 – Episode summary
- 01:42 – Introduction
- 02:02 – Connections between Alaska and Poland
- 03:26 – The spiritual temperature of Poland
- 04:57 – Challenges of sharing the Gospel
- 09:17 – Bridging the Gap
- 11:51 – A college missions trip
- 14:38 – The impact of God’s revelation
- 16:46 – Following Jesus step by step
- 23:41 – The first day of Poland
- 26:15 – Sharing Christ with the Poles
- 31:27 – Is there anything that you miss?
- 34:11 – A call to missions
- 37:32 – Internet and book resources
- 38:42 – What can we pray for you?
- 41:08 – Podcast recommendation and closing comments
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
- Recording, Engineering, and Editing:Bryan Entzminger at TopTierAudio.com
- Time Stamps, Summary, and Show Notes: Gabby Oechsle