God has a way of teaching us how to love others, even when it’s messy. James Sharp joins in to talk about how God has shown him that lesson and where God is leading him in ministry. Over the next few years, he plans on partnering with a ministry to spread the Gospel in a creative access country in Asia.
James has been ministering in Nicaragua for some time now, and he looks forward to following God’s open door to Asia. In the episode, he shares about his ministry experiences and what he looks forward to in this next step of ministry.
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Episode summary
- [01:23] – Introduction
- [01:57] – A vision for the future
- [03:09] – How did God lead you in transition?
- [05:39] – Finding the beauty in the mess
- [07:05] – A long-term perspective in life
- [08:32] – How do you balance your time?
- [09:38] – God’s work in times of difficulty
- [13:03] – Walking in the knowledge of need
- [14:20] – How do you culturally prepare for ministry?
- [16:41] – The honor-shame culture in Scripture
- [17:41] – Working towards God’s glory
- [19:47] – What surprised you over the last few months?
- [23:45] – The value of different callings
- [25:33] – God’s guiding hand over time
- [28:52] – Ways of creative access
[30:38] – Challenges of following God’s plan
If God’s called you to do something, and He’s opening the doors for you left and right, you’re going to be the one responsible when you talk to Him face-to-face about why you didn’t walk through those doors. – James Sharp
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
- Saving God’s Face by Jackson Wu
- Communicating Christ Cross-Culturally by David Hesselgrave
- Through the Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot
- The God Ask by Steve Shadrach