In the U.S. military, there are many Christians who need support and encouragement in their faith. Officers’ Christian Fellowship works to bring that support across the world to servicemen and women. General David Warner comes to talk about this organization and how it ministers to those in the military.
Through OCF, David came to know Jesus during his time in the Air Force. With the community of believers, he was able to find mentors and brothers in Christ who could help him through difficult times. After many decades of military service, he now works as the Executive Director with his wife at OFC, bringing hope to others in uniform.
What we talked about
- 00:24 – Episode summary
- 01:32 – Introduction
- 01:50 – What is Officers’ Christian Fellowship?
- 04:35 – Pouring into the US Military
- 05:43 – The change from “Christian values” to personal faith
- 10:21 – A transformational journey
- 13:33 – God’s faithfulness in times of difficulty
- 16:17 – How did God reveal His calling to you?
- 20:20 – Living out the Great Commission
- 23:02 – What are some of your resources?
- 25:30 – Pointing others in the right direction
- 26:57 – What keeps you going in ministry?
- 30:32 – Seeking direction from the Lord
- 33:19 – Internet and book resources
- 35:52 – Finding support and encouragement
- 36:37 – How can we best pray for you?
- 37:34 – Closing thoughts