As always, God is on the move throughout the world. In this episode, we get to hear about His work in Asia through our guest, C Anderson (pen name). C and those with her spread the Good News through disciple-making movements (or DMMs for short). This method encourages indigenous forms of worship and teaching and helps believers learn how to tell others about Jesus.
C has been a part of missions for a majority of her life. She grew up in Africa with her parents who were missionaries, and now she and her husband serve in Asia. On the show, she shares about her experiences in restricted countries, her thoughts on the importance of women in ministry, and her moments of seeing God work.
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Episode summary
- [01:17] – Introduction
- [01:42] – What is a disciple-making movement?
- [03:53] – The importance of indigenous ministry
- [05:26] – A positive impact on communities
- [08:09] – When did you realize God’s call for ministry?
- [11:27] – Having a conversation with God
- [12:57] – Amazed at God’s goodness
- [17:21] – Significant movements in Asia
- [21:04] – Working as a woman in ministry
- [23:21] – Advantages in ministry for females
- [26:02] – Bringing the Gospel to difficult places
- [29:00] – Making resources available
- [31:12] – What is the next best step for those interested?
- [32:12] – The most important qualities for ministry
- [34:04] – How can we best pray for you?
- [35:43] – What we can learn from chess players
- [39:40] – “What would you do?” segment
- [43:08] – Closing thoughts