Sometimes in ministry, people can be messy. Cole and Kristin Malphrus visit Engaging Missions to share about how God works in those messy situations. They both speak about the ways they came to know Jesus personally, their passion for ministry, and their plans in the coming months. Right now, they are living in Charlotte, North Carolina, and plan to move to Costa Rica soon.
During the episode, Cole discusses the importance of preparing through prayer, fasting, and learning before doing outreach (especially international outreach). He also talks about what God has been doing through No Place Left and through discipleship in local communities.
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Episode summary
- [02:20] – Introduction
- [02:42] – The desperate need for the Gospel
- [03:42] – How to see the needs around you
- [05:01] – Finding Jesus in the Bible Belt
- [06:17] – Modeling how to share the Good News
- [09:26] – Shut doors and God’s better plan
- [10:51] – What led you to Central America?
- [14:06] – The positive impact of evangelism
- [16:52] – What to watch out for in ministry
- [18:37] – How do you get through hard times?
- [19:55] – What are your plans for Central America?
- [21:20] – Working with partners and supporters
- [23:39] – Finding encouragement in difficult times
Become a patron!The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
Resources & Contact Info
- T4T: Discipleship Revolution by Steve Smith
- Four Fields of Kingdom Growth: Starting and Releasing Healthy Churches
- Website: http://malphrusfamilymission.com
- Facebook: @ColeandKrisonmission
- Phone: 843-247-9319