There are many people in the world who are lost and have never heard of Jesus. Asia has some of the largest unreached people groups and Jacob, our guest, plans to minister there.
Growing up, Jacob had a plan to do youth ministry for a long time, but God had other plans. He and his wife are now preparing for their long term mission work in Asia.
As he shares his plans for missions, Jacob talks about the importance of boldness. By being bold, believers can better share the Gospel to those who are lost. And when Christians are willing to walk in obedience to the Lord, they can bring transformation to their communities.
Jacob brings encouragement and passion to this episode, and you won’t want to miss it!
What we talked about
- [00:24] – Episode summary
- [02:34] – Introduction
- [03:08] – What is your origin story?
- [05:16] – The Christ in Youth Conference
- [05:35] – How Jesus modeled for believers
- [06:31] – The need to share the Good News
- [08:12] – Everywhere is a mission field
- [09:00] – Stepping out in obedience to God
- [10:25] – Involvement in short term missions
- [12:30] – Preparing for long-term missions
- [13:44] – When did God point you to Asia?
- [15:59] – What does lostness feel like?
- [16:44] – Conversations with God
- [17:18] – A timeline from calling to practice
- [18:18] – Transitioning from the States to Asia
- [19:10] – What will your first few months look like?
- [21:00] – Looking to the next generations
- [22:03] – The power of simplicity
- [25:45] – Encouraging people to be bold
- [27:08] – The transformational power of evangelism
- [28:49] – Bringing hope to the lost
- [30:14] – How to make a positive impact in ministry
- [32:06] – Internet and book resources
- [33:31] – Making ministry reproducible
- [35:03] – How can we best pray for you?
- [36:33] – Closing thoughts